Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kurts Oliphant tutorial (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22051)

Masteryoda 21-06-2006 04:44 PM

Kurts Oliphant tutorial

I finally finished it, after all the trouble I had met. my file was corrupted and had to begin from the begining cause I didn't like the mesh hehe and i tried to keep with kurts mesh and spent loads of time trying to figure the oliphant like the one kurt has in part 18 and all the stuff he added between sections. had the proportions abit like squashed abit (didnt get the plain right) this is version 2 of my oliphant after the corruption. Thanks for all the ppl who supported me on msn! Comments are all welcome.

I'll post the modeling stages on my site soon for those who aren't on my msn list. after the corruption i saved 21 different files so i don't loose him again. final render i ws goign to do like the one on part 18 but then later i was thniking that my normal clay renders are now sort of my trademark so i rendered him as usual, except for the gray that is a gray plane facing the camera, i found it it suits more my render.

Thanks Kurt for the tutorial, It was Great!

oliphant - www.markjborg.com (my official online portfolio as i had loads of requests for it)

mmoore5553 21-06-2006 04:46 PM

very impressive ..glad to see pre post final images ...love it ...looks very good ....just like kurts ..love the detail.

luanatf 21-06-2006 05:14 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:beer: :beer: :beer:
sweety!!!!!!! :attn: you DID IT!!!
The oliphant came out so amazingly cool!!!!!!!! :bow: You worked very hard on it, really excellent work!!! :beer: Ehy guys, I've seen almost all the process of making of this (master)piece by my boyfriend ;) And I totally admire him ^.^ (not only cause he's my boyfriend, eheh ;) )
The website came out great, too! :blush: Compliments on everything, sweety!!! *HUGSSS*

mmoore5553 21-06-2006 05:24 PM

website needs work on to make it easier to navigate and some other issues with it ...

sorry just some advice. ..use to make webpages for company ..one thing major is font size ..remember you are not looking at it ..other people are ..usually older an wiser and smaller print is not the best ...trust me. ..one thing is that there are more but wont get into that ...

but the modeling is excellant

pbman 21-06-2006 05:26 PM

nice work masteryoda

would like to see it texture though

good luck wiv the tree frog

Masteryoda 21-06-2006 05:30 PM

thx ppl for your comments, mmoore, yeah i'll increase the size of the text, thanks for the suggestion :)

Masteryoda 21-06-2006 06:49 PM

thx pbman

luanatf 21-06-2006 07:24 PM

just a little thing, sweety: you forgot to link my minibanner on your site ;) :bandit: eheh

13th_resident 21-06-2006 08:41 PM

definently cool.

NitroLiq 21-06-2006 08:49 PM

Nice job but a word of advice....if it's a true portfolio site, don't include models that are based on tutorials.

Masteryoda 21-06-2006 08:50 PM

oh, ok ;) didnt know this. thanks for the suggestion. I'll take the olipahnt from the 'portfolio section' and just leave it on the home.

nightz9 22-06-2006 07:21 AM

good work I like and as for the portfolio, it's good and keep those models comin.

13th_resident 25-06-2006 10:08 AM

masteryoda. for your next project why not make a WIP of yoda himself. (unless you've done it before). equipped with his lightsaber of course..

just a thought.

mmoore5553 25-06-2006 10:25 AM

hmmmmmm yoda do yoda ..interesting

ericmattison81 25-06-2006 05:13 PM

yes indeed, thats very intertesting