Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Oregon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8289)

Ultragames 07-10-2003 02:34 AM

Oregon

I've lived in Oregon since i was 6. Now if you guys now anything about Oregon, you know that it rains. ALOT. Along with some other weird weather here, like sunny one min, and totaly cloudy and raining the next, and 90 one day, and 45 the next, it rains alot. So, after a long, hard day, at about 7pm here, i took a nice long stroll in the rain. My hair is still dripping, and my shirt weighs an extra pound, but i am TOTALY relaxed, and very inspired.

So. May i suggest to you guys. If you've had hard day, or you've hit a design block, take a strole in the rain. But remember what we here in Oregon say.

"If you need an umbrella, your either a wuss, or a tourist."

UG

Kevin 07-10-2003 06:52 AM

thanks for that ultra...im inspired :)

dannyngan 07-10-2003 08:42 AM

Whoa... you're in Oregon?! Where? I'm in Eugene. :D

Ultragames 07-10-2003 11:08 PM

Im about 30 min out side'a Portland. Maybe we'll have to make a convention in PDX some day.

Ultragames 07-10-2003 11:09 PM

btw kev. LOL. np. ;) :rolleyes:

iron_tick 08-10-2003 01:26 AM

Re: Oregon

Quote:

Originally posted by Ultragames
So. May i suggest to you guys. If you've had hard day, or you've hit a design block, take a strole in the rain. But remember what we here in Oregon say.

"If you need an umbrella, your either a wuss, or a tourist."

UG

Look to the left of this post... right under the avatar. You see that. 'Chicagoland'. 2 things happen if i walk in the rain.

1) my hair falls out and i grow a third nipple.... on my tongue.

2) People jump into the large growing piles of garbage to get away from my smell...

J/K our rain isnt that bad, but it does have a lot of nasty polution in it. All the chemical plants are belching chlorine gas.:eek:

ps. Maya is my relaxation

Ultragames 08-10-2003 06:32 AM

If you ever see a truck drop one of those gas tanks, that says Hydrogen, when its raining out side... Run like hell. Chlorine gas + Hydrogen = Hydrochloric acid. Not fun stuff!!

Nope, the rain over here is awsome. The water coming out of the sky is cleaner than my drinking water. (Which btw, is rain water. All our water is, is water out of a lake, treated for bateria. Thats it. Thats how clean our rain is. We drink it. lol)

iron_tick 08-10-2003 01:23 PM

We have a similar situation over here too. we can drink our rain water. but we dont. cause if you get sick you got no one to sue.

ours is nowhere near clean so we have this rule. If your unsure, let it sit and see if it turns green or brown. if it stays clear, con someone else into drinking it first.

iron_tick 08-10-2003 01:25 PM

I think i would need hard body dynamics and fluid effects to simulate our water. you dont even need a magnifying glass to see the particles in it. you can even wait for them to sink to the bottom of the glass. turns to sludge.

orgeeizm 08-10-2003 07:41 PM

lol @ iron! well i used to live in the philippines..the rain there was worse....at the city at least...

i live in washington state now...2 hours north of portland...and yeah it rains alot here too..gray skies all the time, next thing you know theres a sun..few minutes later the rain is back...ahhhh