Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Character modeling for animation (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24819)

Some Guy 27-01-2007 05:14 AM

Character modeling for animation

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,
It has been a while scince i have attemted to make a human. I have been working on this for a day or two so far and i am hoping to finish it in a week or so. I want it to be fully animatable with face movment and such. I am trying to make it as close to the references as possible and i think it is alright so far.
If there is anything overly wrong with it atm please tell

Some Guy 27-01-2007 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Some Guy 27-01-2007 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Some Guy 27-01-2007 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
smoothed

Some Guy 27-01-2007 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
refs

arran 27-01-2007 05:52 AM

The main things which jump out at me at the moment - is that the forehead is too shallow - she almost doesn't have a forehead :) and the back of the neck where it meets the head is way too low - the back of the skull sweeps in to meet the neck slightly lower than the ear hole.

The eyes also look a bit high - they should be level with the top of the ear.

Some Guy 27-01-2007 06:33 AM

hi,
thanks for the help. The head was looking odd but i couldnt figure it out. with the eyes, i think they are at the right level with the ears cause they match the references.us i'll check it again though.
cheers :)

Some Guy 27-01-2007 07:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this a bit better, still heaps to go on the face.

Some Guy 27-01-2007 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

DJbLAZER 27-01-2007 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy
hi,
thanks for the help. The head was looking odd but i couldnt figure it out. with the eyes, i think they are at the right level with the ears cause they match the references.us i'll check it again though.
cheers :)

Some tips for you: Those photos was taken with a camera and has perspective in them. You orthogonal views in Maya doesn't. So there will be some distorted data, especially the ears usually doesn't match that good. So don't stare yourself blind on the left and sideview, also look on your model in 3D to see of it looks good everywhere.

marlonjohn 27-01-2007 03:16 PM

wow thats really nice some guy and especially in 2 days... cant wait to see this model full riged an animated :) keep up the good work man,

if you look closely at the model one which you created it looks really similar to the ref pictures. i think you pulled it off quiet well,

marlon

starjsjswars 28-01-2007 06:14 PM

Ewww i didnt look that close.

Some Guy 28-01-2007 09:34 PM

Thanks for the comments,
Starjsjswars, i chose to use these references cause i was sick of trying to make the prettiest girl in the world type of model and wanted to do somthing a little more 'real' looking (That and there were only four references i could find and most of them were really bad quality)

I dont have work for the rest of the week so i will probably get the modeling and a start on texturing. I am starting work on the legs now and will update later on today.
Cheers :)

marlonjohn 29-01-2007 04:21 AM

haha Starjsjswars... i didnt mean look closely at the body and that... but the general shape of the head. the parts which looked similar were like the eyes, jaw line, cheek bone etc they look really similar :)

Some Guy 29-01-2007 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Update on the legs