Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   N000bie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5454)

^^TwEeK^^ 27-04-2003 01:18 PM

N000bie

1 Attachment(s)
hey im really new to maya and all of this 3D thing....started using it bout a month ago......took me about 3 hours to make this....tell me what u think...

p.s. dont be to mean... i know its not very good...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Pony 27-04-2003 01:41 PM

3 houres for thats pritty good ! I like it but I'm wandering what the story is with the granyness

Alan 27-04-2003 02:19 PM

ditto what pony said! It is actually quite good! The lighting could do with some work to really help pick out the objects a bit more (They're all quite a similar colour so they tend to get a little lost in the composition) but overall well done!

:D
Alan

M 27-04-2003 08:39 PM

Hey, wonderful scene if you change a few things :D. First off i would up antialaising to production quality in the render globals. Then i would go to (HOTBOX>View>Camera attribute editor>Enviroment>) then slide the slider to a light grey so that it shows the whole model :D. Its really nice for that time period.. but if you wanted to get serious you could unwrap the uv's on that vase on the floor and give it some bands running around it :D. Ok, can you render that out for us to see, in the best quality on that grey bg? It should look much nicer :).

^^TwEeK^^ 27-04-2003 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the replies.....i did what u said, i canged the lighting a bit, an added the grey bg and changed to producion quality...tell me what u think...;)

p.s. M i wanted to unwrap the uc's but then i remembered... i have absolutly no clue what that even means:confused: :D

Pony 27-04-2003 10:42 PM

its still got a dithered look to it. are you just saving it from the render right in to JPG or are you doing the convertion out of maya ? becouse it looks like the colors are chocked. Like what ever you saved this pic with you had the colors terned down to 256 web colors.. maybe thats it ?

this one is better still though !! I'm just thinking there is a lot more nice detail there than this pic shows.

^^TwEeK^^ 27-04-2003 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:banghead: :banghead:
fount the problem... i was saving it as .gif insted ot .jpg thats y the colors were all wierd...here it is...

Pony 27-04-2003 10:56 PM

YEAH.. ! well it looks great thought like this..

cb8rwh 27-04-2003 11:27 PM

turn on shadows on the main light in the scene (or the light that yu want to cast shadows) it will help pin the objects to the floor and make them seem like theyaren't floating in the air

doodle 28-04-2003 01:24 AM

I love the barrel

Vectorman 01-05-2003 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOL GIF!!!!!!!! hahaha ha okay yah don't ever use gifs.

Do the shadows, and if possible double or triple the resolution of the textures on the vase and the bucket. You could just repeat UV (in the place 2d texture tab) 2 times and acheive an okay effect. Also peform a poly smooth on the metal bands around the barrel, and make them slighty bigger. They are melding with the barrel.
I think this is great for a small timeframe noobie job. Keep it up. You're learnign already!

Try putting a 2 or a 3 where the arrows are.

strarup 01-05-2003 07:58 PM

Hi TwEeK,

Quote:

p.s. dont be to mean... i know its not very good...
I think you are mean to yourself by saying that... :D

I think it looks very good... wish I could make something like that in 3 hours... :)

however as said before... it looks like the objects are above the floor instead of on it... I'm not sure if it is the missing shadows or it is the floor that's maybe to flat in it... that is causing it... but shadows will properly improve it alot... :)

regards

Strarup

^^TwEeK^^ 01-05-2003 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the responses,

i changed everything u told me , i think...
what do u think?

Vectorman 02-05-2003 02:57 AM

Looks great now! Looks like a scene from morrowind or everquest. What is this for? were you just playing around?

Also you forgot about the metal bands around the barrel, they need to be a little larger because the barrel goes through them. Real ones are wrapped tighly AROOUND the barrel.

mtmckinley 02-05-2003 03:05 AM

nice job. :)

Just remember, everyone's gotta start somewhere. It may not be Final Fantasy the movie II or anything, but not many are. ;)