Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   How fast are you?(Speed Typing) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31222)

marlonjohn 27-10-2008 03:42 AM

How fast are you?(Speed Typing)

Hey guys,

Bit bored at 3am ATM and was looking at LauriePriest's CV and wondered what that touch typing '70wpm' meant... so after a Google search it gave me the answer.

I tried it and got the lucky numbers of 69wpm... how fast are you?

http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

27-10-2008 04:10 AM

I got 43, but I can't type that fast while reading something someone else typed.

LauriePriest 27-10-2008 04:23 AM

lol! love it
morning bordem, the only obvious solution that comes to mind = look at laurie priest's CV!

pure entertainment

BennyK 27-10-2008 04:35 AM

I got a pathetic 23 after the first try :( .
I can't even type without looking at the keyboard...
And it gets harder when you have to read something because you constantly need to look at the monitor...
Benny

LauriePriest 27-10-2008 04:44 AM

mavis beacon ftw! learnt when i was 11 yeahhhh

ZykotiK 27-10-2008 04:53 AM

Got a cool 75 ;)

LauriePriest 27-10-2008 05:04 AM

sweeet got 86 on retest, 10 mistakes though :(.

AikoWorld 27-10-2008 06:59 AM

Your speed was: 57wpm.

You made 1 mistake, your mistake is shown in bold text:

Not bad for somebody who dosent like typing fast :)

Chirone 27-10-2008 08:04 AM

54 wpm
6 mistakes (actually more but most got deleted as i went...)

and taht was with both hands

29 wpm
0 mistakes (again more but most got deleted as i went...)

and that was with just my right hand

and one more...
57 wpm
30 mistakes

with both hands unfiltered (kinda....)

Ajmooch 27-10-2008 10:25 AM

96 WPM with 5 mistakes (stupid hy-ph-ens!)

I got a typing program when I was in elementary school... I spent like four hours a day typing with it >_> I was probably faster in third grade than I am now.
Imagine if I had started studying Medicine or something instead. I would have a useful skill instead :attn:

The Architect 27-10-2008 04:40 PM

I haven't measured how fast I can type, but I won't be doing much typing for a while with only one hand... :p

Chirone 27-10-2008 07:59 PM

Your speed was: 8841wpm.

Congratulations! You made no mistakes, practice does make perfect.

BennyK 27-10-2008 08:06 PM

Hehe, what did you do? copy-paste? Or built a program that'll do it for you?

I took some of the lessons on that site. How long did it take you guys to develop that skill?
And one more thing - when you move from one row to another do you move all of the fingers away from the home row( asdfghjkl; ) or just the relevant one?
Thanks,
Benny

Chirone 27-10-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BennyK
Hehe, what did you do? copy-paste? Or built a program that'll do it for you?

not a bad idea...

a program would probably cut out the lag time between the time it takes to click the start button and click the stop button

if anyone has a moment they should try it and see how fast the program can write it and see what the results are :D

i'm curious to know now....

Quote:

Originally posted by BennyK

I took some of the lessons on that site. How long did it take you guys to develop that skill?
And one more thing - when you move from one row to another do you move all of the fingers away from the home row( asdfghjkl; ) or just the relevant one?
Thanks,
Benny

my friend got 106wpm with 0 mistakes.... but then when i got her to do it with one hand she only got 33wpm with 1 mistakes... and since that isn't half of her both hands (and mine is greater than half) i say I WIN :D

i think i make less mistakes if i have my eyes closed and evn i do have my eyes closed i can tell if i make a mistake and still push backspace...

unsure of how long it took me, i was typing one finger per hand for a while when i was 10 :p
so maybe about 8, 7 or 6 years? or even the whole 12 years?

i never noticed if i move my entire set of fingers or not... but apparently i dont. i just move the relevant finger to the relevant key.
i never had formal lessons... maybe that's why i get 30+ mistakes at 57wpm?

benny: how long have you been using a computer for?

Chirone 27-10-2008 08:32 PM

25 words
4 mistakes

left hand alone.

haha, benny, my left hand is faster than you :p
kidding of course :p, i kept pushing = whenever i went to push backspace

...ok, doing all that makes me look bored like i have nothing else to do....
seriously, i'm procrastinating, i have lots of better things i could be doing but i'm not because i dont want to do them.... :(