Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Absolute neophyte! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17870)

Budprince 18-08-2005 05:57 PM

Absolute neophyte!

I'm needing help in figuring out how to render imated logo I created as an SWF file. each time I attempt to output it using the maya vector selecting the SWF and name.ext (multi frame) it out puts separate files of each frame - generally in the format that was previously selected in Maya software (whether JPEG or IFF etc.)

Can anyone hlep point me in the right direction? I am self taught in maya (only 3 weeks old - so to speak) and am under a deadline

Any and all assistance is appreciated.

:headbang:

Drought 19-08-2005 07:07 AM

Assuming you have Flash, do the following:

1) In Maya, render out as Targa. I imagine other file formats like .IFF work, but I have only tested with Targa files.

2) Download Virtual Dub (Google for it, it's free).

3) Open the first frame of your animation in Virtual Dub, and it will open the entire animation.

4) Save out as an AVI.

5) Import into Flash and save out as an SWF file.

Hope that helps.

Phopojijo 21-08-2005 06:25 PM

I think he's hoping to have the 3d model show up in vector mode, not as a movie stored in a flash animation. Not sure if Maya automate what people like homestarrunner does by hand though.

You got to admit that would be fun to see though.

Budprince 26-08-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Drought
Assuming you have Flash, do the following:

1) In Maya, render out as Targa. I imagine other file formats like .IFF work, but I have only tested with Targa files.

2) Download Virtual Dub (Google for it, it's free).

3) Open the first frame of your animation in Virtual Dub, and it will open the entire animation.

4) Save out as an AVI.

5) Import into Flash and save out as an SWF file.

Hope that helps.

Can't seem to get that to work, Drought V Dub only wants to open an actual movie. . . It doesn't allow me to open a sing frame Targa file still trying though :confused:

Drought 26-08-2005 07:11 PM

Hi there.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I may be able to help.

What error are you getting?

Am I correct in assuming you have multiple targa files in your images folder after you rendered?

Are your files numbered sequentially? Also, I have my frame padding set to 3 so that it numbers my files 001, 002, 003, etc.

Drought

Budprince 26-08-2005 07:15 PM

the error I get when I try to open the first of the Targa files is: "cannot detect file type of "file name.tga.1"

Drought 27-08-2005 09:46 AM

Your image naming format might be the problem; i.e. virtual dub might not recognize that as a targa file.

First, try just renaming the files to your_filename#.tga.

If that doesn't work, try changing your image file output settings in render globals to "name#.ext" and re-render. Also, don't forget the frame padding.

Good luck. Again, I'm not an expert. I have only played with this a little bit, but I hope that helps.

Drought