Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Import and Save Maya shaders, Need help (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33033)

dubai3d 08-09-2009 09:54 AM

Import and Save Maya shaders, Need help

very easy question, totally forgot, I import glass shader into maya hypershade, its works perfectly , NOW i need save this shader to somewhere so I can easily assign to next object in the future, where and how can I save this shader? where ? library? how????? explain step by step please,
thanks

bendingiscool 08-09-2009 04:44 PM

Under the file menu in the hypershade use the 'export selected network'.

Chris

dubai3d 08-09-2009 07:31 PM

hi chris
thanks for reply,but I dont need export the shader, I just download it to my desktop and I imported to my hyper shade, the only thing that I need is , that I want to keep this shader inside my hyper shade somewhere so that I can use it regularly instead of making the new one, more idee?

thanks

bendingiscool 08-09-2009 07:49 PM

Do you mean for everytime you make a new scene?

If so you would have to write a scriptjob in mel to import/load that scecific shader each time a new scene was created.

However I can't help but feel that is not what you are after and can't work out what it is you do need, because if you just want that shader to be in the hypershade in that scene then it will be as long as you don't delete it.

Maybe I am missing the point completly?

Chris

EDIT: Or do you mean somewhere like at the side of the hypershade like other materials?

Dango77 08-09-2009 07:55 PM

I think he means he's downloaded the shader, and just wants to have it there in the hypershade to use in the future, in whatever project or scene he decides to use it again. Rather than having to import it each time he wants to use it.

So probably what you said about writing a script job would be the answer.

dubai3d 09-09-2009 05:18 AM

thanks guys,
I download the shader and has been imported to hypershade, I want to keep it in hypershade library , I want to collect all my download shaders inside library so I can access them easily or assign them to the objects,

I know I have to make new tab in my hypershade, but how can I keep this shaders inside this tab?

hoop you guys now understand my point,

bendingiscool 09-09-2009 04:11 PM

Now I defiently get you.

If you download the Xray shader on Highend you will see an example of a shader thatcan be installed into the hypershade the way you want it.

Unfortunatly it looks like it has to be a plugin to work in such a way.

Give it a look and see how to get it going,
Chris

honestdom 09-09-2009 05:20 PM

add a preset in the shader preset bit.

dubai3d 10-09-2009 06:18 AM

while ago i had tutorial from Mathew clerk(3d maya artist from England) , he explain exactly how to save this shader in library, no script or any plugins, I am looking for this tutorial, if I find it I'll post the instruction here, let me dig into my history........

any more idea?

thanks

Gen 10-09-2009 07:00 AM

Well you can make a new tab in hypershade. Tab>Create New Tab. Give it a name and choose "Disk" then browse for the folder where you keep your exported/downloaded shaders. That way you can have access to the library, regardless of what scene you have open.

bendingiscool 10-09-2009 09:11 AM

Ooh GecT's way sounds handy!

Chris

dubai3d 10-09-2009 09:40 AM

thanks GecT
that was handy ans useful,