Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Realism - caligraphics (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4864)

caligraphics 30-03-2003 12:55 PM

Realism - caligraphics

1 Attachment(s)

Here is my contribution to this challenge.

I decided to participate in the last hour :P ..

Edit: Ack!!! just realised that the jpeg compression ate some of the highlights on the white plastic :( .. ohh well..

alexgc 30-03-2003 03:56 PM

You really are excited about being a father arent u? lol Nice model mate...I hate JPEGs too...I wonder if PNG is any better?? hmm

Congratualtions on the impending arrival btw - Is it a boy or girl?

caligraphics 30-03-2003 07:17 PM

Thanks :) and yeah im excited and its REALLY close. We chose not to be told if it was a boy or a girl.

alexgc 30-03-2003 09:20 PM

aww cool id prefer it not to know also, if I was in ur position - it adds that extra sparkle I guess!

Hidalgo 31-03-2003 02:04 AM

Nice job!

I've got two. A boy and a girl and we waited to see also...it's worth it!

caligraphics 31-03-2003 08:15 AM

Thanks.. I really hope its worth it..

Anyway, regarding the image, I do think the pacifier have a really interesting shape and at first the shape looked spooky to model. But when analyzing the object I found a way to make it.

I just love those impossible shapes. A couple of years ago I was fencing a lot - and I Was deeply faschinated by the shape of the handle on an epee.. you should try to take a look at that, its seems impossible to model at first.

It could be fun to make a little challenge called "impossible shapes", where we select an everyday object with an interesting shape, and see what people could make of it.

What do you guys think ?

Kevin 31-03-2003 08:48 AM

any chance you done a couple of shots while designing? just so we can tell that its not a pre made image?

caligraphics 31-03-2003 09:12 AM

ehm.. I only saved in one file, but I can make a wire if ya want ? Made it in like 4 hours yesterday .

strarup 31-03-2003 01:50 PM

Hi Carsten,

looking great... :)

regards

Strarup

P.S. Tillykke med den kommende familie forøgelse... :)

caligraphics 31-03-2003 02:24 PM

Thanks Strarup .. Do I know you ?? hehe ..

caligraphics 31-03-2003 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
okay Kevin.. I found these images from the modelling phase:

This is a render region I did when applying materials..

Kevin 31-03-2003 02:46 PM

ok thats cool caligraphics but it is inportant next time to show a "half way through" shot, even if the whole thing takes you 2 hrs :)

just so we know its a recent, sorry to be such a nurd... just stops people adding images they done a year ago

caligraphics 31-03-2003 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and this is a wire shaded/shot .. I have disconnected the CPS base models and they are grouped under null1 as you can see in the screenshot of the outliner.

As I clarified earlier, I made the model in about 4 hours yesterday because I wanted to participate and since I only used that little time I did not do incremental saves - I actually only saved 2 or 3 times.

Kevin 31-03-2003 02:56 PM

and get ready for that baby dude!! hard work but they are great and well worth it!

caligraphics 31-03-2003 02:58 PM

I can understand that, but still you could have an incremental save in your 1 year old project lying around.. :P

But I totally agree that its a challenge and everybody have the same amount of time. I just happened to be a slow poke and started yesterday :P