Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Yamaha Roadstar (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19065)

dilberts 13-11-2005 05:11 PM

Yamaha Roadstar

1 Attachment(s)
Trying something new, a Yamaha motorbike. This is going to be a long project as I only have reference pics to work from, but I want it to be really detailed. Here's what I got so far.

Visitor 13-11-2005 05:19 PM

promising start dilberts

if you get the details right i'm sure it will be worth the long time it's going to take

don't know your level of usage but little advice if your fairly new {{just my own opinion }}} to help your workflow make sure you use layers for each section of you project and when you come to shaders use Bins to keep your shaders in manageable batches in hypershade it can all get very confuseing and muddled

look forward to seeing this progress

:bandit:

MattTheMan 13-11-2005 05:23 PM

Dilberts, sup? What happened to that AMAZING Porche you were making? Anyway, nice start! :beer:

gster123 13-11-2005 07:13 PM

Nide start Dilberts, looks like a nice start on the front end!

Did you use the car for anything or just drooling over?

P.S When you gonna post some of those awesome clay renders?

dilberts 13-11-2005 07:27 PM

The Porsche is still lurking around (It's on my avatar now). I took a break cause I had been working on it for months and was tired of the same model. I had an animation in mind for it, but it would be a huge rendering job, so for now I'm going to have some fun modeling this bike.

Visitor is right about the layer manager. I use this big time with all my models. Once your scene starts to get complicated, tumbling in the scene window is like moving in slow motion. Turning off some of the complicated layers while you work on a single object can really speed up the user interface.

Jay 13-11-2005 08:50 PM

Dilberts

Looks cool so far, love motorbikes so I'll be watching this thread.

Matt: Nice Llama dude!!

Jay

MattTheMan 13-11-2005 09:21 PM

Thx, Jay :beer:

dilberts 14-11-2005 03:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Update. It may not look like much of an update, but there's a ton of fillets between all the surfaces so that they look real up close. So far it's all NURBS apart from the axle (which I forgot to smooth in this render).

dilberts 15-11-2005 06:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did some work on the handle bars. All NURBS so far.

utpal 15-11-2005 08:23 PM

well, needless to say, you are pretty good at automobile modeling...
:beer:

but, rather than chosing popular automobiles, how about doing something more exotic? like an ariel atom, or confederate hellcat??
have you seen a hellcat? man, such a bike....

dilberts 15-11-2005 11:19 PM

The models I pick are really based on the quantity and quality of reference pics that I can get my hands on. Therefore, usually that limits me to the more popular vehicles. I'd have to say that I am more of a technician/engineer than an artist, but I'd love to work with a 2D concept artist in the future in a product visualization capacity.

cung 16-11-2005 12:19 AM

mode looks really good. looking forward to the final product.

utpal 16-11-2005 04:52 PM

product visualization.... hmm that would be a dream job, wouldn't it? imagine working on making the models of new prototypes....:nod:

Quote:

Originally posted by dilberts
I'd have to say that I am more of a technician/engineer than an artist....
ditto. though, i am not much of an engineer either (didn't finish my diploma:p )
i tried to model a motorcycle way back when i started to learn maya... but, it just had mostly cubes, and spheres and cylinders....

MainlineX 17-11-2005 03:36 AM

Heya :)

Great start thus far. Will keep an eye on this thread:) Keep it up:)

Mills

dilberts 18-11-2005 06:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Updates.