Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   camera's (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4248)

mshoward82 28-02-2003 04:24 PM

camera's

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to create a sequence where it's a first-person POV walking through my little forest type thing.

I've tried using motion paths but couldn't get it to work. and tried simply creating a camera and just freely moving it around while controllling the aim. But I didn't like how it came out.

Is there an easy way to control the camera to show actual movement?

Here's a quick glimpse at my seen.

mshoward82 28-02-2003 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's the path I want the camera to follow.

doodle 28-02-2003 04:58 PM

Just get a camera and assign/attach it to the curve

mshoward82 28-02-2003 05:03 PM

When I do that, I lose control over aiming. The aim stays the same along the entire curve. And I want to be able to control the aim from frame to frame.

I can't figure out how to do that when I attach it to the curve.

Hidalgo 28-02-2003 06:00 PM

Try this:

Create a locator...

Create | Locator...
Then name it....CameraHinge is good. Then in the Outliner, select your CameraHinge and then your camera, then in your hotbox select Constrain | Orient. Your camera should change it's orientation when it turns along your path...

I hope this works....I haven't done it that much and this is from memory.

houkah 01-03-2003 07:21 AM

If i remember correctly the last time i tried something like that i couldn't directly add the constraint and the motion path to the camera. I used an aim constraint on the camera to aim at a locator then created a box around the camera and made the camera a child of the box, and added the motion path to the box. Come to think of it u could probably just group the camera to itself and add the motion or the aim constraint to the group.

Nem 01-03-2003 01:41 PM

you could try using 2 locators :)
one for the movement of your camera, and one for the aim constraint, that might work

mshoward82 02-03-2003 12:54 AM

hats-off to houkah

Thanks for everyones suggestions.

I used houkah's suggestion. I grouped the camera to a box and added the box to the motion path. This allowed me to have total control over the camera's aim as the camera followed the path.

I'm currently rendering the vid. When its done I will post it.

Thanks everyone. :)

mshoward82 02-03-2003 01:18 AM

here's the video for the scene. It's very basic. Just wanted to see if could do it.

Now that I have a basic idea of what i'm doing, I'm going to take the scene to the next level and make it more detailed.

It will be someone trying to run to the tower, getting lost, looking around, getting frustrated, and hopefully eventually make it to the tower.

The only hard part I think that I will encounter will be controlling the detail of the camera. Well, maybe just time consuming.

I'll probably post it in the WIP. So check it out.

Thanks for everyone's help. :)

Hidalgo 02-03-2003 01:19 AM

Umm..I don't see a link for the file.

mshoward82 02-03-2003 01:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot the Vid.

Hidalgo 02-03-2003 01:32 AM

Hey, I like that! It's got a nice "hand-held" feel to it!

Looking forward to more.

What if you had the camera pointing more toward the ground when the movie first begins. I was kind of disoriented slightly until you touched down. I love the walk through of your "forest".

Nice