Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Animation (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Deleting Keys (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5483)

said 29-04-2003 02:19 AM

Deleting Keys

1 Attachment(s)
I deleted all my keys ( I think) but still there is movement.
I can't find what's wrong!

Thanks

Mário.

mtmckinley 29-04-2003 02:26 AM

if you want to get rid of all movement, select your keyed channels and Right Click > Break Connections.

said 29-04-2003 03:00 AM

Sorry, but I don't know what my keyed channels are. Are they the objects I setted keys?

Thanks.

Mário.

mtmckinley 29-04-2003 04:32 AM

when you select your object, the channel box displays its keyable channels. If any are orange, they are keyed. Select them, right click and choose Break Connections.

said 29-04-2003 08:52 PM

Thank you Mike, I think I understood.
But I wanna ask you please to take a look at the file I posted on the beggining of this thread: There is no keyed channels. I verified then the way you told me (none are orange).

Thanks.

Mário.

said 29-04-2003 08:59 PM

Hey, I just noted that I can't set another keys also...
What a mess...Should I start it all over....?

Mário.

dannyngan 29-04-2003 09:53 PM

Looks like the Tampo group object has rotation keys on it. That might be what's causing you the confusion.

mtmckinley 29-04-2003 09:56 PM

Yep, when dealing with multiple groups, you've got to be careful. :)

said 29-04-2003 10:19 PM

Thanks guys, but I still don't know what I have to do to make my model stop moving. Where are shown the rotation keys if there is no red ticks on the timeslider?

Mário.

Nem 29-04-2003 10:22 PM

there are quite a few places u wud find keyframes like the graph editor, dope sheet editor, channel box etc

i cant actually open the file cos its corrupted or sumthing? but if u select the object that has the rotation keys, open up the graph editor and u can delete the curves in there

said 29-04-2003 10:28 PM

Man, I really think there are ghostkeys on my scene....
I couldn't find them also on the graph editor.

Thanks, think I'll try later.

Mário.

dannyngan 29-04-2003 10:31 PM

Mario, if you select the Tampo group object, the red keyframe ticks will show up in the timeline (it works in the file you posted). You can select it in Outliner or select one of the tampo objects and press the up arrow key (2 clicks) until you see Tampo in your channel box. If you don't see the keyframes, then they might be beyond the range slider's display. As Nem pointed out, you can go to either the dope sheet or the graph editor to delete the keys.

said 30-04-2003 07:24 PM

Danny: now it works.
I think I didn't realize the difference between the Tampo and the groups I created with it, so I couldn't see the red keyframes.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Mário.