Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Interview for me - whoo hoo (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35378)

tweetytunes 29-03-2011 05:26 PM

Interview for me - whoo hoo

OH MY GOD ... Finally a interview for a Job within the 3D world.

Its just a runner job but still - It`s for the Mill in London.
Have to phone them tomorrow to set it up - but this has put a big smile on my face.

Any tips or ideas what they will ask me will be massively welcome right now as I really can`t mess this interview up. I feel like its Christmas and I`m ten years old.

After the last few months this is the best thing to happen for me.

LauriePriest 29-03-2011 05:34 PM

Ah it will be fine !

Mega enthusiasm but thats a given. Other than that be aware of the roles you will be doing after running and show you know what will be expected of you.

Maybe read some junior 3D job descriptions so you know what might be expected of you and you can read up on anything your not sure about.

e.g. if they say, after a while we will probably get you doing some matchmove, have you done any before?

Dont say: `what's matchmove? `

GZ on the interview!

Gen 29-03-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauriePriest
e.g. if they say, after a while we will probably get you doing some matchmove, have you done any before?

Dont say: `what's matchmove? `....

LOL

@ Neil

It's finally happening, no pressure though!

Seriously , grats on the interview. Sending luck from Florida :wavespin:

honestdom 29-03-2011 06:47 PM

cool, i know a couple of guys who were runners at the mill. they said it was a good place.
good luck.

Jay 29-03-2011 08:12 PM

Well done lad!! See it does happen!! All I can say is good luck, be confident but not cocky with it.

Good show, keep us posted!!

Jay

gster123 30-03-2011 06:51 AM

Congrats mate!

Keep us posted with the result!

Good luck!

bullet1968 30-03-2011 09:36 AM

Well done Neil!!!!!!!!bloody good show old boy.... I agree with Laurie..I know nothing about the 3D world but in the real world...get a little knowledge on the company..what they do etc..not heaps but enough to answer some questions they may ask...which again gets back to Lauries comment....agree with Jay..confident not cocky, more importantly RELAX...dont get hyper man LOL I see guys do this all the time...be you....good luck with it mate...I really hope it all goes well...foot in the door!!! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

All the best Ant

tweetytunes 30-03-2011 11:06 AM

Well just got the conformational its next wed at 11:30 - gives me some time to get some work done - but not too much I end up back on my back hehe.

Thanks for all the kind words

bullet1968 30-03-2011 11:28 AM

No! dont end up back on your back...keep the front on the front mate...bugger eating hospital food! eeeewwwwwwwww

Vortexx 30-03-2011 11:36 AM

Stupid question but what do you do as a runner? Never heard that term before, but then again I'm not in the 3D world

David 30-03-2011 01:45 PM

@Vortexx pretty much you run around and do what ever they tell you. Can be anything from pick up the rushes to fetch tea.

Its a very popular way into the tv or film business, I did it myself for a while when i worked at tristar many many years ago.

Dave :)

Ozgalis 31-03-2011 03:56 AM

hey man congrats on the interview hope all goes well

tweetytunes 04-04-2011 08:41 PM

OK starting to get stuff together for wed - But should I take work in for a runners position.

Another problem I got is what do I wear - I know a suit may be over the top, but a job interview is also too much in the wrong direction.

Jay 04-04-2011 08:48 PM

Nothing wrong with a suit mate. Though a casual jacket blazer shirt is okay. Ive done a couple of interviews in a blazer, shirt jeans and smart shoes, got the job both times so....

Jay

David 04-04-2011 08:49 PM

My advice put a suit on. Shows your serious and you can be assed to make an effort. You might want to skip the tie though :D

Dave