Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   HyperReal Bundle (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14761)

Jay 18-12-2004 07:35 PM

HyperReal Bundle

Hey Guys N Gals

Just thought I'd let you know that Alias have released a dvd series called the HyperReal Bundle. Now I know paying for dvds of this sort can be a bit of an issue/expense as was mentioned on a thread the other week, but if you can get these for Christmas or even get ya boss to buy them (as I did) I thoroughly recomend them to everyone.

I've borrowed them from work to relieve the boredom that christmas brings. Sad huh, but bloody true!!

Merry Christmas to you all for next week just in case I'm not about anyway.
_J

vladimirjp 19-12-2004 06:46 AM

not for new comers.
making a hyper realistic rig doea not sound like a place for a noobie start learning.

besides i always hear that alias's stuff are fast paced and very vague. its just overviews of the materials, they never go indepth or step by step i should say.

Jay 19-12-2004 10:37 AM

Vlad

Dude, dont be so negative, as theres something for everyone. And as for a lot of the noobs, a lot of them seem to wanna do the whole 'shabang', and these are ideal because their eyes will open up to a larger world. As for the dvds being vague, yes some areas are but....the great thing with this lot is that you get all scenes and the PDF files with absolutely everthing explained in detail.

If I didn't think these were any good I would not have recommended them. Even the hardened modeller will have their eyes opened to simpler ways of doing stuff, believe me I have kicked myself already a couple of times.

Laters dude
_J

dragonfx 19-12-2004 02:36 PM

i watched the rigging one...
wasnt much useful to me they just go FK and dont dig deep on painting weights (wich to me is pain number two, just behind uv mapping...)

Those still need some rocket science applied to further automating them as opposed to the painstaking artisanal trial and error aproach they take now...

oh... the mels are cool, more,more,more i always say it: you really cant have enough presets...

vladimirjp 19-12-2004 02:44 PM

oh yea they are good.

my point is that they are targeted a certain users.

more advanced users who want to pust their techniques further.
like yourself.
but someone who's just starting would not want to jump to something that's hyper-real, it would just fustrate them if they could not get the same level of result.

i mean, compare some of the wip i see here from the tuts of Kirt, you get my idea. [i hope]

but sure, these can be recommended to the likes of you or ppl with a with a good sense of what they r doing and want to apply them in future project, as oppose to just to follow a tut and making it.

if u think this is negative, then you are overly-positive :D:p