Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   TERMINATOR 3 - RISE OF THE MACHINES! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6696)

M 04-07-2003 04:39 AM

TERMINATOR 3 - RISE OF THE MACHINES!

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

WOOOO, I just went to go see T3 and WOW, I loved it!

The storyline in my opinion was "Ok", but damn, they just keep making Arnolds opponents tougher and tougher! I feel sorry for the guy!

Graphics, WOW... this movie is amazing, there is a scene when she is driving around a crane and tearing up the city, I dont know if they paid for all that damage, or if its all CG. If its CG its some of the best stuff I have ever seen!

For anyone that wants a motivation for 3D design, go see T3 and you will be on your computer all night modelling and modelling away!

I dont want to get into any spoilers so I wont say more until someone else does :).

What did you guys think of this movie?

Kevin 04-07-2003 08:15 AM

Ill be sure to watch it when I can M! cheers for the heads up

Kevin 04-07-2003 09:08 AM

LOL it dont come out in the uk until 1st August... so any one watching it then will know all about it before then! So how come it takes the movie a month to get here???

I only thourht it was a 9 hr flight :saywhat:

slickrenderer 04-07-2003 02:25 PM

Come out on 21 July here in Switzerland

Cyborg Corp 04-07-2003 03:49 PM

awsome movie. I thought the ending was a bit unmoral though :(. And WHY THE HELL did they not play the terminator theme in the opening credits? The bastards!

M 04-07-2003 04:22 PM

Hey guys in far countries other than america ( :p). I will go into the theatre and film it for all of you! LOL, j/k. Anyways, one other thing i wanted to add... is the T-X just makes the movies THAT much better! Decked out in leather, and when she arrives for the first time :O, nice figure. Anyways, other than that.. one thing I was amazed at, is how they had arnolds face half ripped off at the end and all burnt.. and it actually looked like him! That was so flawless!

slickrenderer 04-07-2003 04:51 PM

Hell another 18 days!! This is TORCHER!!!!

BabyDuck 04-07-2003 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
LOL it dont come out in the uk until 1st August... so any one watching it then will know all about it before then! So how come it takes the movie a month to get here???

I only thourht it was a 9 hr flight :saywhat:

well, dont forget, they have to translate it form american to british english. they even translate harry potter in the us books and change some words. that is sick.

:p

mtmckinley 04-07-2003 05:02 PM

could it also have something to do with different formats? I know TV is NTSC > PAL... don't know if film is different. I wouldn't think it'd be, though.

^^TwEeK^^ 04-07-2003 05:28 PM

its probably just cuz it would be cheaper to buy it then....

Witchy 04-07-2003 05:54 PM

Films are usually delayed because of licensing deals and driven by the way ratings are calculated on box office sales- very few films receive a world wide release.

Few films are 'translated' for the English market, but they are subject to our film classification which is not the same as in the USA. In some respects the UK one is is rather more liberal (mostly concerning full frontal nudity) and in others not (some language can cause a film to get higher age rating in the UK than the USA). Subject to getting a classification certificate, film directors can be asked to remove or censor parts of releases for specific markets. It is a bit like the games market where certain things (blood for example for German releases) are removed for different releases.

It is vastly more expensive to launch worldwide and if a film is bombing in the USA it may never be released here at all. As far as I know we use the same cinema projectors as the USA so I don't think it is about format- it's more about classification and maximising profit.

otaku 04-07-2003 07:29 PM

he was making a part of it a russian great 3D modeller

nice webpage!

russian professional for T3

:D

wicket 05-07-2003 09:25 PM

I saw it on the night before it came out and OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!!! THAT MOVIE ROCKED!!!!!!!! Like M said story was "OK" typical terminator story! But it does tie things up nice and explains a lot about the whole thing!!! And the CGI was enough to make you cry and beg for more!!!! :D I can't wait to see it again and again and AGAIN!!!! :D
<in my best arnold voice> Come with me to this movie if you want to live!

slickrenderer 05-07-2003 09:45 PM

Some T3 wallpapers-

http://www.t3-rise-of-the-machines.c..._wallpaper.htm

Cyborg Corp 05-07-2003 10:30 PM

I still don't understand a few things.

1) Why could Arny operate after he took out his second battery?

2) and this one I hate a MAJOR problem with: Why the hell was the T-X roaring when she was trying to get out of Arny's grasp?She's a machine, she didn't have to act like a monster.