Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Elderley Japanese man (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31344)

gubar 13-11-2008 03:17 AM

Elderley Japanese man

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

been ages since I had a wip so I thought I'd put this up. Only working on it on and off since I'm pretty busy but crits and comments would be much appreciated.

So far, I am fairly happy with how it looks, though I think I may have to many edge loops around the eyes. I found it hard to hold the shape without them though.

So, here he is so far.

Also, the images are from 3d.sk and given away in 3d world magazine's disk. Cheers to Jay for pointing me towards them.

Cheers

gubar

gubar 13-11-2008 03:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
smooth

gubar 13-11-2008 03:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
side

Jay 13-11-2008 04:38 AM

Gubar,

looking good my friend....no comments!!

Jay

gubar 13-11-2008 05:53 AM

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the comment (and the images),

should have another update tomorrow,

cheers

gubar

Mayaniac 13-11-2008 11:32 AM

Looks really good!

Great work!

arran 14-11-2008 04:44 AM

looks like a nice start - keep an eye on the lower half of the face and jaw. It's usually a lot further forward than people realise. also the forehead is looking a little rounded.

gubar 19-12-2008 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quick update. Started blocking out armour too, but still not finished with the head, not too happy with the edge loops around the jawline and ear areas.

Crits and comments welcome.

(I know that the tendon in the neck is too pronounced - just not got round to changing it yet).

cheers

gubar

gubar 02-04-2009 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

came back to this project after shelving it for a while.

Zbrushing and texturing at the moment. Not using zbrush to texture, just photoshop.

Need to add some more wrinkles and a pore map.

cheers

gubar

arran 02-04-2009 05:14 PM

looking very nice gubar - i think some of the 'bulge' above the eye may be a little strong tho - i really like the texturing so far. nice job. :)

gubar 02-04-2009 09:54 PM

Cheers for the crit arran - I have not finished tweaking yet so they may change. I think they are ok compared to images I have looked at of elder japanese men though - but I'll definately re-check when I get back to work on it tomorrow.

cheers

gubar

gubar 09-04-2009 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

been sculpting him in zbrush and have nearly finished. There are many areas that could be approved (more wrinkles and detail for example) but I need to have him finished by a certain point so consider him nearly finished. Am wondering at the moment whether to add eyebrows as texture or attempt fur in maya. Also considering sculpting hair onto the model.

Crits and so on welcome.

cheers

gubar

arran 09-04-2009 12:53 PM

nice job gubar - the skin texture is looking great. i might do a touch more work on the lines around his mouth - they are just looking a touch 'drawn on' at the moment.

looking forward to seeing how you deal with the hair - as i need to sort something out for my wrestler. keep up the good work. :)

gubar 22-05-2009 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

just had a go at this again. These are renders from maya using renderman plugin.

Not as old looking as I'd have liked and I could have done more sculpting, but I've got to move onto his body and I think it's ok for a first go at zbrush. Any glaring flaws will be worked on if anyone cares to point them out though!

Needs some eyelashes right enough.

cheers

gubar

gubar 22-05-2009 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another