Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   To All Members - my goodbyes (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17696)

Kevin 02-08-2005 10:31 AM

To All Members - my goodbyes

Hello all

From the 1st of this month (August 2005) I actually left the simply3dworld company. My email under the remove#kevin@simplymaya.com will only be in operation while I tie up some loose ends. Please redirect all mails / questions to Dave now as he is taking over the sites.

At this time I would like to thank all the members of the sites for there support and kindness over the years. I have built up some good relationships with many members and mods and will stay in touch as best I can.

The simplymaya site was the first simply3dworld site that was created, this mainly out of my disapointment of tutorials found on the net. I wanted a place where I could find good video tutorials at a good price and as there was not any I spoke with Dave over a few pints and we decided to make one. The rest is history.

I feel the need for change - A (on going) messy divorce and bringing up my 7 year old girl has led me in other directions that I now want to pursue. The computer side of things really never was my thing and I feel that I would like to pull away from it and start a different venture.

I know the sites are in good hands as David has many plans and has spoken to me about a few of them, so good luck to him and what the future brings. Also I want to thank him for the freindship he has given me and the support over the years (b)

From today I will be removed as Admin from the sites but will call in from time to time as a curious member (dave has promised me 10% discount on all dvds :))

So I guess this is goodbye from me..... to staff and members alike - good bye and good luck to all.

Kurt 02-08-2005 10:48 AM

We wish you the very best in the future Mate...

Keep in touch=)

Kurt

sspikedudley 02-08-2005 11:30 AM

Sorry to see you go Kev but I guess if its not working for you mate you really need a change
All the best in the future and keep us updated

Rob

keef 02-08-2005 12:15 PM

Stund and sad to hear your leaving the site...

Like Kurt - all the best for the future (I feel sure your little girl will see you through the hard time --- Time is a healer, I know).

best

Keith

BMS 02-08-2005 12:27 PM

All the Best Kevin in your new life and Venture :beer:

Cheers
Paul

NextDesign 02-08-2005 01:29 PM

Sorry to hear you go mate. Best wishes with the "Mexican Mule" (Kev's new resturaunt)

Good luck mate :beer:

mtmckinley 02-08-2005 02:56 PM

Good luck! Like I told you before, you're a big part of any success I have had or will have in the future, and I'm very grateful!

samurai jack 02-08-2005 02:59 PM

but.....but but but
Quote:

Stund and sad to hear your leaving the site
good luck on your new job man

sspikedudley 02-08-2005 03:17 PM

Like Mike said you have changed a lot of peoples lives I know the Simply sites are the reason I have had a lot of fun in 3d

Congrats Kevin:beer:

Saiyan 02-08-2005 03:32 PM

Best wishes for you Kev, all the best bro :beer:

mhcannon 02-08-2005 04:14 PM

Best o'luck in what ever your future ventures may be. Thanks for establishing such a great site for Maya and other 3D users to learn and share from. Thanks to for leaving the sites up and running in your departure as all to often when a founding member leaves the foundation dies.
Mahalo!

Total Rookie 02-08-2005 05:04 PM

Well, it's very,very,very sad to hear that (well, actually, since this's not an audiovisual website, I'm only seeing that). U did a great work settin' all these sites...u are leavin' Dave a great responsibility (is responsibility right?). Managin' so many sites...I couldn't do that...Goodbye, goodluck, gooday and goodnight:)...
Oh, Mhcannon, what does Mahalo means?

post number 333...I must double that to get to 666...

Philip:beer:

NitroLiq 02-08-2005 05:30 PM

Kev,

Best of Luck on the new venture and thanks for all the good times. Now shouldn't you be out making tacos or something? ;) Silly sod.

Will miss ya, bro.

Pete

doodle 02-08-2005 08:31 PM

Best of luck with what ever you do next.

Make sure you pop back and say hello.

:beer:

mhcannon 03-08-2005 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Total Rookie
Mhcannon, what does Mahalo means?
It's Hawai'ian for "Thank You."