Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   TOON character (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25367)

kazama 09-03-2007 04:43 PM

TOON character

1 Attachment(s)
This is a toon GIRL head that i modeled some time ago, I like it so much by the way, and i always think of finishing it. The other day I saw a reference image that PETROL show on the post GAME CHARACTER MODEL that he has, and I also BORROWED the image and start working on a SUIT for my character, the image is just 4 reference, as I go I'm puting some detail on my own. I'm triying something like gears of war, or quake suit, something like that for my GIRL. The suit is not gona be TOON, only the head, and the skin if in some parts is gonna be visible. Coments plis.

raularosemena@hotmail.com

kazama 09-03-2007 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another pic

raularosemena@hotmail.com

kazama 09-03-2007 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the head.

kazama 09-03-2007 04:57 PM

There seems to be a problem with the sub-ds partial crease and full crease working with metal ray render.. The edges dont look right on render. In maya software there is no problem, they render just fine. Someone knows the solution?

Gamester 09-03-2007 07:50 PM

Sweet, love manga, and your toon is fantastic

Look forward to see it finished :beer:

kazama 12-03-2007 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okey hereĀ“s some update.

kazama 12-03-2007 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
from behind

kazama 12-03-2007 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
full

jsprogg 12-03-2007 10:33 AM

Kazama , i'm sorry to say that Mentalray and sub-d are a little touchy.
The docs give a list of restrictions when rendering with mentalray .
I know that your geo needs to be quads and definately no 5 sided.
a smoothed polygon mesh is the way to go if you are planning on using Mentalray a lot.

btw nice model :)

younglion 12-03-2007 11:33 AM

really nice can you post some wires? and also i like the toon but its only evident on the head but the clothes look different.

arran 12-03-2007 11:45 AM

very cool model mate!

my one crit would be that I much prefer the chunky legs in your first post. The new legs just seem a bit too spindly.

Looking forward to seeing some progress. :beer:

Gamester 12-03-2007 12:03 PM

Really good, just try to make the arms size proporsional to the rest of the body, and make the butt a little smaller.....but it's becoming really nice :attn:

kazama 12-03-2007 01:45 PM

Thanks for the comments..
jsprogg: the thing is that I dont have any 5 side polys. All my polys have 4 points, and a couple of 3 points polys in some parts. The problem is when I use the partial crease and full crease.. And I think the solution would be to smooth my objects like U said, but I dont like too much to do that.. But dont seams to be another solution, maybe just use some split edge ring tool and dont use partial crease.. But maybe It would be better to just convert that to polys... mnmnm WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO!.
By the way I think metal ray is far better that the maya software render.. Am I wrong??
younglion: I will post some wires tomorrow, for u guys to see. The toon that I have I only wanted to be on the head, and the skin that is visible in the legs, all the other stuff is going to be textured in a more realistic way. Im trying a combination of those 2 things. I think is kind of cool. Like appleseed the movie.
arran: Thanks for the comments, the thing about the first legs is that they were to big and for animation It would have been imposible to move the legs. The thing is that parts in the legs have to be parented to the bones, because there are like metals, I dont want those parts to deform as A skin, and for that reason I make those parts diferents..
Gamester: I LIKE BIG BUTTS .. man Im for south american JUJU. But U mean a little smaller in the front view? and the arms u think they are a little short?...
If I make something tonight I will post something tomorrow.
SEE YA..

jsprogg 12-03-2007 01:47 PM

Kazama, partial crease and full crease are not supported by Mental ray.

Gamester 12-03-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kazama
Gamester: I LIKE BIG BUTTS .. man Im for south american JUJU. But U mean a little smaller in the front view? and the arms u think they are a little short?...
If I make something tonight I will post something tomorrow.
SEE YA..

Hehehehhe I see that

Yap, if you see closer from the front your character have a very big butt or a very thin torso, not very realisctic :S

About the arms the situationis, your modeling a female warrior and for a female warrior she seems to go more often to the mall than to the Gym :P.......try to make the arms a little stronger ;)