Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Scale problem (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28534)

ColdWave 23-12-2007 02:27 PM

Scale problem

1 Attachment(s)
need some help now ... I have huge problem ... my scean with buldings etc .. is smaller than the character ... i Group my character and try to scale it down .. nothing happend ... as well as i try scaling down the bones ... just f**ked up everything ... how can i scale it down

(yeah i know im not so nubish (blush) but i just don't know how )

It's in W.I.P ... in my Tooth character ... but as still no answer i post it here ... : ) :confused:

gster123 23-12-2007 02:32 PM

I think that your getting double transforms, you need to make a control object that allows you to just get that and scale it, I cant remember the way to do it as its in a book at work.

mr pix. 23-12-2007 04:14 PM

hey coldwave, me again.

Erm i think the way you do it is...

Select your main control curve make sure all the transformations are frozen (im guessing you know this part as you have the rig done).

Now shift - select the root joint and go to Constraints > Scale

Now by rights, (i just tried, and tested it), you should be able to scale your character by using the main control curve

Let me know how you do

ColdWave 24-12-2007 03:11 AM

Ok i make circle .. and shift slect my Character group .. make scale constrain and it's not workin Rrrrrr... :@ ( is this what ya explain to me ... ) :headbang:

mr pix. 24-12-2007 06:31 AM

select your global control curve, then shift select the root JOINT not character group or anything else, just the root joint, then go

Contraints > point constraint....then

Constraints > Scale constraint.

Make sure this curve has deleted history, freeze your transformations, and centre pivot

Works for me...??????? hmmm, what am i advising you wrongly (baffled)

:beer:

mr pix. 24-12-2007 06:33 AM

hey coldwave, i just saw your breakdance scene!! wow, i could do with s acene like this for my soccer animation!!! just what im after.

good work dude. You're a superb modeller

ColdWave 24-12-2007 10:22 AM

Ok i know where the problem is ... I don't have a global ctrl curve :attn: So how i'm suppose to make it .. .. some circle and then ? select my character set and constrain- > point .. and while im moving the circle it just f**ked up the whole character and the skeleton get out of the character anddddd yeah :headbang:

P.S ... 10x for the comments ... i think my Factory scene are better than my Breakdance ( in modeling ) :blush:

ColdWave 24-12-2007 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the scean can you try smth i just get very nervous now ... i just leave it :angery: :angery:

mr pix. 24-12-2007 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey dude, i was up until 5am sorting this out! lolol

wow did i have some cleaning up to do. You character is really cool but boy did you have some cleaning to do.

Your scene was about as messy as my bedroom! lolol:attn:
Some stuff was named, alot wasnt.

The other big issues, were when stuff was supposed to be parented to bones, it was grouped.

But your biggest biggest problem was that you didn't freeze your transformations on anything. Big problem especially when come to scalling.

Anyway this is how far ive got. I RE-RIGGED the whole character dude...yes im afraid i had to literally start again....seriously, no offence to you so please dont take offence, however im no rigger (hence the 5am) but i know i could just rectify lightly.

I am uploading to versions so you can do what you will with.

Version one re-rig, so you can carry on....

version 2 re-rig, with facial setup based on your blendshapes.

The only thing that isnt done which i will do today, is your hands...the whole scale issue will not work without the hands being redone.

hope you like

ps i dont understand your language so i had problems lolol

mr pix. 24-12-2007 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here u r part 1

ColdWave 25-12-2007 01:30 AM

Omg man your sick!!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: I will learn a lot form your ring 10x a lot :bow: As i said it was my first ring ... :P so yeah ofc it will be crappy :p

mr pix. 25-12-2007 03:07 AM

You welcome dude! I love helping, as i too am always still after help myself for certain things, so we are all here for the same reason.

I actually really really enjoyed rigging your character. Im just about to design, model and rig one myself,...so thanx you inspired me! lol

I thought it would take me about 30 mins just tidying up your scene, but the more problems i found, i just thought 'screw it, coldwave has the main file as backup, lets just do a whole new rig.

I ran out of time, so im about to start on the hands, then il bind it all together and send you the finsihed version.

peace dude! glad i could help

:beer: :beer: :beer:

mr pix. 25-12-2007 03:13 PM

Voila!

Here is your completed rig. With full facial setup. I have added a few cool features (which are usually standard when rigging) to the eyes.

Like when she looks up and down her eyelids move..etc.

See what you think. Most importantly you can FINALLY SCALE!! lol

Enjoy

:beer:

wow i may turn to rigging that was fun. And only my 2nd ever rig. My first was crap!

mr pix. 25-12-2007 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
soz forgot to attach

ColdWave 25-12-2007 09:06 PM

10x man i start exploring you rig :P:blush: i will try re-rig my tooth based on your rig :P

I have some question ... how you make shape for the foot ( with curve ? ) you draw ? and .. how you set to be writen "smile" below the curve for smile ?