Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   .jpg (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23400)

mrbozzo 03-10-2006 06:13 AM

.jpg

heeeeeeeeeey guys this has surely been asked for a dousin times but.... i couldn't find any thread....:
how do i save in .jpg formats in maya 6??
thanks alot

Dann 03-10-2006 06:54 AM

Open up your render globals and set the format to jpg. If you don't know where this is, check the docs.

Good luck.

mrbozzo 03-10-2006 04:35 PM

render globals???
im still a noob in maya you know:P

Blayd 03-10-2006 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think its now called render settings, since the introduction of render layers.. Click on the render tab, then move your cursur over the icons till you come to render settings. There I believe you can change the output format of a single frame as well as animation sequences.

pixelsoul 03-10-2006 07:20 PM

you needed to set something in maya.env i thought otherwise it uses very heavy compression

mrbozzo 04-10-2006 12:16 AM

but i don't understand how i can save in jpg format...
when im saving the render the only options i have is maya binary and maya ascii :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

gster123 04-10-2006 12:54 AM

When you render a picture, go to File Save in the render viewand in the format box choose JPEG, simple.

Dann 04-10-2006 02:14 AM

Oh my. mb,and ma files are your project, not the images you're rendering. You need to render an image ro save it as a jpg.

You need to do some tutorials. We're here to help but you have to learn to help your self.

mrbozzo 04-10-2006 02:30 AM

i have not that option

gster123 04-10-2006 02:43 AM

You have, look for it, its under the area where you change the name to save your image when you've rendered it.

That is if youve rendered it in the first place, which I dont think you have by the way you've said you only have maya asci and binary.

Have a look in the help files for rendering and it might become clearer

Husam 04-10-2006 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mrbozzo
i have not that option
Ser du rett oppe til høyre for der han fyren har tegnet en rød sirkel under? Den film-action-greia eller hva det nå heter? Trykk på den til venstre for den det står IPR på, og så rendrer den et stillbilde for deg. Deretter trykker du på "save image file" eller noe sånt oppe i venstre hjørne for det rendra bildet du fikk opp. Så kan du velge .jpeg. Forstår du?

mrbozzo 04-10-2006 10:26 PM

i did not understand quite...
can someone make a video tut for this im sure it will be popular:D
thanks

NeoStrider 04-10-2006 10:34 PM

you don't need a video tutorial for this...

(since the clacker advice doesn't seem to be working)

click: Window
-->Rendering Editors
-->Render View

in Render View:
click: Render
-->Render
--> (choose your camera, probably Persp)

it will render your image so you can now save it.

STILL in Render View:
click: File
-->Save Image

at Files of Type: change from .iff to .jpg

Husam 04-10-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mrbozzo
i did not understand quite...
can someone make a video tut for this im sure it will be popular:D
thanks

I even explained it step by step in your own language. If you didn't understand it then, you won't. :p

vladimirjp 05-10-2006 08:36 AM

lol

priceless. :blush: