Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cool Laptop is out of this world:) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7713)

ragecgi 30-08-2003 05:16 AM

Cool Laptop is out of this world:)

New Alienware LAPTOP!!!

...well, better looking than apple's "makeup" laptop case IMHO:)

http://www.alienware.com/system_page...1m_sentia.aspx

dragonfx 30-08-2003 07:06 AM

the case is soo cool you get twice as many posiblities to get it stolen than with a regular laptop... :D
I find it lacks connection ports... or they are all inside a protective case?

TheWhiteWizard 30-08-2003 08:46 AM

Alienware pc's are really cool. I would get one but the system I designed was like 11K!:saywhat: So I guess I'll stick with my VIAO for now. It's not all bad though, the processer is a whole GHz faster than my desktop system.

Witchy 30-08-2003 10:33 AM

I have an alienware latop and I would sound a note of caution based on my experience with customer support in the UK.

It is a deeply lovely machine and it runs really well, but when it required a new HDD due to component failure (machine was less than 6 months old) it took more than 20 phone calls and emails and a great deal of hassle to get it replaced, and I have full coverage and on site service, allegedly. I found their support people really very unhelpful in wanting to resolve the problem - great machine until it goes wrong, in my experience. But, great machine. I have a Dell desktop however and I know who i'll be buying from next time.

ragecgi 31-08-2003 02:27 AM

Had a friend with an Alienware tower a few years back, and he LOVED it, but he paid a TON for it.

He said it was pretty much off-the-shelf composnents, with a snazzy case.

...I think the cases are cool personally, but i couldn't justify the current price as I configured it from thier site too. (ouch!)

Ultragames 31-08-2003 07:06 AM

My site will be offering custom computer building. If someone wanted an alienware case, so thats they basialy bought an AlienWare, where can i get Alienware cases?

Zyk0tiK 31-08-2003 07:07 AM

I don't think you can. Alienware rip people off, it's a normal computer in a special case and their prices are extortionate. I will never be tempted to buy from them scammers!

Vampus 31-08-2003 07:09 AM

BAH! You all shop like WOMEN(no offense to the women intended:p) "Look at that one, isn't it pretty?" ;)

Give me a big old grey tower for $20 anyday.

EDIT: ...or in this case, a big old black laptop :)

Zyk0tiK 31-08-2003 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Them things look amazing, however the prices they sell them computers are no way worth it. Would love one of them cases though.

Nataliia 31-08-2003 03:08 PM

The one case I saw that I just loved was a Lego case. That way, when you're waiting on the god-awful render times, you can make a castle or throw the little Lego people in your moat, or whatever.

The hubby saw one that had a coffepot in it. That's his idea of a perfect case. :)

mushroomgod 31-08-2003 03:21 PM

you know I could never understand why people like these cases...whats the deal with having a grill or a strange grove at every available space, whats wrong with a flat surface (like an apple or sony laptop...sorry ragecgi)

anyway...anyone know who designed them?

dragonfx 31-08-2003 04:08 PM

its the same reason why lots of people buy expenssive cell phones... the functionality is the same... yet its cool... you can have that tower as a piece of furniture in your room... :D

ragecgi 31-08-2003 10:57 PM

Yeah, I agree with all of ya.

At first glance it just appealed to the old gamer in me a bit is all:)

I'm a fan of wacky-a$$ case mods, tho I would never have the time or patience to do it, so that's why I posted the link for others' opinions:)

adldesigner 31-08-2003 10:59 PM

I saw once a women body case .. guy used a mannequin or something ... now that I think about it, I think the link was around here somewhere.

Zyk0tiK 01-09-2003 01:53 AM

best computer ever is Yoshi's Boxx you should search for it, it is unbelievable :)