Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   photoshop cs4 3d painting (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30960)

anasasis 21-09-2008 07:05 PM

photoshop cs4 3d painting

yes Adobe Photoshop cs4 is going to have 3d painting
theirs a write up on it at highend3d.com theirs also a huge
bunch of awesome features.

gster123 21-09-2008 09:18 PM

I thought CS3 had it too? Or some form of being able to use obj's with it, never used it though.

Television 22-09-2008 02:45 AM

is that meen that u can paint like in bodypaint?

Mayaniac 22-09-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Television
is that meen that u can paint like in bodypaint?
That would be sweet, but I doubt it will be like that.

Yes CS3 Has a 3D feature... I've never tried it. I'm still using CS2. I hate how slow CS3 is. Though I wouldn't mind getting the Adobe suite. Now that it comes with Flash. So I might consider upgrading to CS4... Looks cool.

louis56 22-09-2008 11:48 AM

Its not really 3D. Its more like 2D drawings of perspectives.

mirek03 02-10-2008 11:02 PM

when CS3 came out i got all excited.., but the 3D tools were a let down.., many limitations. not many formats, 3 i think, the google format, Max and OBJ. the objects had to come in with a shader (i think,?? something like that) if there was no texture. the texture file could be referenced or worked on destructively. So basically you could have your model in CS3 PS, the texture map imported with it (i think) and you could work on the texture map as a separate file but because it was connected to the model it would update as if you were painting onto the model.., long winded and something like that. it was as confusing as i just made it :)

Mirek :)

gster123 03-10-2008 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mirek03
when CS3 came out i got all excited.., but the 3D tools were a let down.., many limitations. not many formats, 3 i think, the google format, Max and OBJ. the objects had to come in with a shader (i think,?? something like that) if there was no texture. the texture file could be referenced or worked on destructively. So basically you could have your model in CS3 PS, the texture map imported with it (i think) and you could work on the texture map as a separate file but because it was connected to the model it would update as if you were painting onto the model.., long winded and something like that. it was as confusing as i just made it :)

That pretty much covered it as far as I'm aware, it's a sort of pseudo 3d texture paint using 2d! But your explanation was pretty correct from reading up on it!

mirek03 03-10-2008 04:15 AM

thanks Steve.., well i cant use 'the memory' as an excuse anymore :)

cheers mate, all the best to yu