Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   April Challenge - ereitz - normal (WARNING - CG Nudity) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5012)

ereitz 06-04-2003 04:13 AM

April Challenge - ereitz - normal

1 Attachment(s)
Hi! I'm I had a lot of ideas evolving out of sick Botticelli fantasies and since they all involved a beautiful porceline skinned maiden (she had hair in my mind but we'll see...) I thought I'd try and start with that. My idea was to have this horrifying death figure ripping itself out of her body and her body falling back in a lifeless corpse.

I've decided that my basic aim is going to be the model in the pose shown being tortured in some way. It's not all 100 hundred percent clear. At any rate I'm going to start by attempting to model the woman - wish me luck :)

Pony 06-04-2003 04:27 AM

NICE consept !!

ereitz 06-04-2003 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
started modeling the head - it's Saturday nite - think i'll go out and do some research on the female form! :)

adldesigner 07-04-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ereitz
started modeling the head - it's Saturday nite - think i'll go out and do some research on the female form! :)
Excellent way of researching.

ereitz 07-04-2003 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well the description i made and the sketch didn't quite match but i did some more research - thanks Pony for sending me to http://www.fineart.sk/
for some great photos

the saturday nite quest was full of research but somewhere along the line i lost some of the details. oh well ;)

Anyway, here's the head of the woman i've been working on - i'm trying to make her look innocent and pure - c & c greatly appreciated

i want to use the method of modeling that Basura3d outlined in the February challenge - the result is a cleaner model than mine but this works i guess - i started with a nurbs sphere with the point where the mouth is and added isoparms for details until i had a fairly satisfactory head and then converted to polygons.

the ear is an ear i did in a tutorial a bit back which i imported, tweaked and attached

ereitz 07-04-2003 04:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And the smooth version

Witchy 07-04-2003 04:13 AM

Nice clean model, looks great.

I have a reproduction set of Botticelli's drawings for Dante's Divine Comedy from the the fairly recent Royal Academy exhibition here-if you don't have those and want some scans etc I'd be happy to do some.

ereitz 07-04-2003 04:55 AM

Hey Witchy - i'd love to see the Botticelli drawings - that would be pure inspiration :)

ereitz 07-04-2003 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to make the face more innocent and had the problem along the way that it started looking like a boy! Not good. rounded and made the chin smaller - smoothed the brow - i think she's looking very androgenous at the moment althou with hair she'd look pretty feminine i think.

Comments??? Criticisms???

anita 07-04-2003 07:32 AM

very very nice ..quite different from the usual stuff ..wonderful work..ps nice eyes..cant wait for z rest..:)

ereitz 07-04-2003 07:35 AM

thank you anita :)

Pony 07-04-2003 08:07 AM

Hay there.. really looks great but if your looking for inprovemnts..
especaly for the inocent look. I would subdo the nose a bit more. In hight and width. The nose is to prominet for inocent, just in my opinion. Its a great nose though, just to strong and female bizzness type for what your after I think..the cheak bones under the eyes are to anguler.. softer will be more fimmy. and your jaw bones are a bit over soft but work I think for the look..

your lips are great.. especaly for a inocent look. having the lower being very soft and receded, and the top real perky dose a good job of it..
chin is right on target I think..

eyes are cool !! (over in corner taking notes)

shader is a bit to shiny.. personal taste..

Now I can be beetten for being nitpicky.. sorry...

Witchy 07-04-2003 02:48 PM

I'll scan some drawings in- there's over 150 but I'll do a sample and some with women in!

ereitz 07-04-2003 02:51 PM

Not at all Pony! Great comments and I'm going to try and work on those points -

the shader is just a peach colored blinn to give an idea of how she'll look - i'll texture her after the rest of her is done

Must go to work now tho. it's hard to adjust to getting up at 7 in the morning. :(

ereitz 07-04-2003 02:52 PM

Hey thanks Witchy - really appreciate it!