Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   maya in Architrcture (need help) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30382)

dubai3d 12-07-2008 05:01 PM

maya in Architrcture (need help)

1 Attachment(s)
hi everyone,

I know that 3d max is very good for architecture and building, but what about maya? I was searching on google for any kind of architecture work/tutorials/samples.......that has been done with maya, but not really much, hardly one or two, so I need bit help to finish this image,

if you look at the image, it is all glass shader and silver chrome.
I am using maya. need some opinion about following section
1- glass shader
2-chrome shader
3- sunny day light

do you know any sample/turorials/your idee about how do I get the exact shader to this building,

I have been looking to all dvd's training and turorilas from digital tutores or gnomon, but all they talk about just glass of water , so what about whole building of glass?

any idee?
thanks guys

amoeba 14-07-2008 04:49 AM

With the maya CD, im pretty shure there are around 100 shaders that are glass/stone/brick (including such things as asphalt).
They are in the extra folder there.

Hope thats of any use.

Gen 14-07-2008 10:45 AM

I think theres a ton of shaders on Highend3D and you can create daylight with a click of a button in Maya these days via the render settings.

dubai3d 14-07-2008 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys thanks for replay.

well, thanks for the advice. I know tons of shader"s around
texture/bumpmap/..........., but what I am looking for some sample of architecture that has been done with maya, almost are 3dmax. what i am saying is rendering glass with maya. no just glass of water rendering of whole building with glass shader, I try with max, looks perfect,I have not seen yet any architecture job with maya. I wonder why? so what I need some advice of you guys how can you render the building with almost glass shader,
here is example of my 3d max, but I can't render out as this in maya. I try everything(render setting/glass shader/reflection)

so I need your help

Chirone 14-07-2008 12:09 PM

whilst i can't answer your question (because i've never gone to look for buildings in maya) i gotta ask something of you...

why are you looking for a building in maya?

whats wrong with using the 3dsmax stuff you find?

dubai3d 14-07-2008 12:41 PM

because I am working on a project (building) and most of the project is done with maya, just got problem with glass shader,
max is design more for building and architecture and also has more connection with auto cad,
I am using maya for years, so i need find out how can I create glass with maya,

also for example. I model an F16 jet with maya, the surface is very shinny and need make glass (window) of the jet realistic
that is why I ask public for help. I create glass with max, I imported to maya, I lost all material and some errors,

going into max doesnt help me sir

need find out how can I create glass to this building

any help welcome

Gen 14-07-2008 01:59 PM

This glass shader you're talking about in the first image just seems more mirrored than anything else so you probaly need to focus more on reflectivity (with a blue tint maybe :s) than transparency.

dubai3d 14-07-2008 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
that is my first test.

dubai3d 14-07-2008 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is last test render. not quite happy with result.

I used mental-ray dielectric_glass shader. but the problem is don't get reflection from HDRI image on glass at all, just bcoz I used dielectric shader. normally when i apply blinn material I get reflection.
also I got some black edges on the side of my glass object, I can really remember how and where need to be something changes, can you remind me. look at the image,