Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Delicate distractions... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6649)

Renderizer 02-07-2003 12:05 PM

Delicate distractions...

Ehem... just out of curiosity:

How many of you actually have a girlfriend...?

I'm asking this because the existence of a precious one sometimes (rather often that not) turns out to be EXTREMELY INCOMPATIBLE with things like Maya, 3D and computers in general... especially if you're sharing the same flat ( :argue: )!

I'm sure there are some of you out there who know very well what I mean... :rolleyes:

Renderizer

Emo 02-07-2003 12:30 PM

Not right now... but looking :)

my last one was....hmm... a while ago... but our relationship was mostly sexual so... I kinda regret that sometimes :D

-Emo

Rossland 02-07-2003 12:34 PM

Ha Ha

No Wonder It Didnt Last If You Just Had A Sexual Relationship
I Hear On The Grapevine You Have A Bit Of A Weener???

Regards
Donkey Rossland

:argue: :argue:

Renderizer 02-07-2003 12:45 PM

Emo...since you seem to be so single-minded: do you mean to tell me that you are now having a sexual relationship with your COMPUTER? :eek:

Hehe...firewire, eh? :D

Emo 02-07-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Renderizer
Emo...since you seem to be so single-minded: do you mean to tell me that you are now having a sexual relationship with your COMPUTER? :eek:

Hehe...firewire, eh? :D

What can I say... PC Fan's do seem to look kinda sexy when they're spinning!:p :D

I've had my eye on the 2 sticks of RAM for some time now but my HDD doesn't like me messing with the Motherboard because the CD-RW get's Jelous! :D

-Emo

Renderizer 02-07-2003 01:07 PM

Sounds like this relationship of yours is prone to produce blue screens galore... ;)

Emo 02-07-2003 01:08 PM

lol man, I'm sick... hahah

anyway... about your original post, well that's not always true... look at Brian for example... he says he uses Maya about 14 hours a day and yet he has a girlfriend and they are getting along great!!

-Emo

Renderizer 02-07-2003 01:21 PM

Yeah - a choosen few of us are blessed with talent ( :( ) AND a tolerant partner ( :love: )... lucky ones!

Kevin 02-07-2003 01:40 PM

women and her mans hobbies just dont go!

they do for the first year then after that if you on your pc they will start hating you for it.

There only hobby is normally you....as they have no real interests or freinds

ask rossland! yep he is all happy right now, bonking away on his new girl... but give him a year or 2 ... soon as he gets his football boots out to play football she will say "didnt you go yesterday??"

mark my words!

in all of my life I have only met 1 couple that where truely happy after they had been together for more then 6/7 years

ragecgi 02-07-2003 02:33 PM

I have had no major issues so far, (2+ yrs) and in fact she is eager for me to complete my reel so we can try to get out of the heckhole we are in right now:)

Oh, btw, for kev: (hooters! hehe)

Kurt 02-07-2003 02:55 PM

Well im lucky than... my wife, lets me do my work, and dosent get upset if i have to speed longer times on maya if i need to....

I might add that i always make sure i speed time with her and go out for a bit each day.....

Rage..... Same as you the only thing she wants was me to finish my reel also heheh.. its ready to go to percertion for final check before sound...

Kev my wife and I have been together for 13 years.... 5 years married....

Witchy 02-07-2003 03:24 PM

I don't have a girlfriend as I fear my wife would not like it.......:D

As far as time for Maya goes, currently myself and my wife work in seperate towns (soon to be changing) and so what I get up to in the week is up to me. Evil laugh. When she returns here and as we are having our first child, I fear I may not have as much 'hobby' time in the future. But then, I have usually found time for gaming :D - the wife is just resigned to the fact she married someone who likes playing around on the PC and has long since given up bothering about it.

Renderizer 02-07-2003 03:28 PM

So there's still hope...!

But for me, if it goes on like this, I'll have to give up the one or the other. :(

But I think that I already know which...

Darkware 02-07-2003 10:33 PM

18 years old and I've not had one girlfriend yet. I like them, yes, and I deffinently have my eyes on them all the time, but I know that if I were to ever get a girlfriend, my computer life would be shot. The way I see it, girlfriends require a lot of time. You have to be with them, they want you to go places with them, some girls want you to buy stuff for them, their opinion will not always be the same as yours which might cause conflict depending on the situation or subject it's about, etc.....

I am not willing to devote any time or energy to a relationship, so I'll probably die childless, without ever being married, and still be the virgin I am. I'm like a robot I suppose. All that matters is work and the best way to complete my work is to work on that work as much as I can. I know what my purpose in life is, I am devoted to that purpose, my detication cannot be broken, and I will let nothing get in the way of me completing that purpose.

Throughout my life, I have witnessed many, many relationships that have gone bad. My own mother has been married three times already and my first father died 6 months before I was born. I know countless situations where the mother and father have a child, then get a devorce. Then there are the court cases to see who gets custody of the child(ren). It goes on and on and on and I do not want to have anything to do with relationships.

And since I know someone will say it in responce to this post, I'll go ahead and say it for them - "True love can be found. There are relationships out there that work, so never give up. You'll find the right one for you. It's just a matter of time."

Anyway, that's my take on it all. Sorry for being so unsympathetic, but that's me.

Ultragames 02-07-2003 11:08 PM

Yes here. But here schedual is as busy as mine. So we both kinda dont have time for each other. But that dosnt stop us.