Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!!! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21223)

phornby 27-04-2006 04:44 AM

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children!!!

I would just like to say that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children was finally released in the US yesterday on DVD. For those who haven't heard, it's a CG movie sequal based after the events from the video game. I'm a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, and couldn't wait for this movie to finally come out...which skipped the theaters unlike The Spirits Within movie. I just wanted to say that I bought it yesterday and couldn't believe what I saw. :eek: This movie has some of the best graphics I've seen, and it's full of action. I strongly, STRONGLY, suggest for anyone to see this movie. The DVD also includes a short that will get you caught up with what happened in the video game. I would love to here from anyone else who has seen this movie or plans on seeing it. Happy watching. :beer:

,Pat

13th_resident 27-04-2006 09:06 AM

i watched advent children last november. i guess you americans get certain movies later than here.

i was awestrucked at the part when all the children jumped into the water such cooool fluids.
and i LOVE the fighting style. 2 ppl doing all there fancy moves than everything goes in slow motion.
to me anyway i think the japanese ppl are alot smarter than the americans. lets compare

xbox 360 vs ps3. of course the ps3 will be better.

advent children beats spirits within!!!! :bow: :attn: :bow:

phornby 27-04-2006 01:16 PM

I totally agree with all that. The fight scene at the end was insane. And yeah we do get stuff late, that's why I've been waiting for so long. Very well put though 13th resident. :beer:

,Pat

pixelsoul 27-04-2006 01:26 PM

:ninja: the movie was really bad... the graphics where nice but common the story sucked so much :headbang:

phornby 27-04-2006 02:43 PM

I thought the story went good, concluding with the game. Did you ever play the game, b/c the way they filled people in about what happened doesn't do any justice. I just thought it was good all around.

And I really wasn't thinking when I posted this thread, but I'm sure most of you have already seen this movie...took so long to be released in the US. But does anyone know of what program they probably used, or what combination of programs? Just curious.

,Pat

Azman 29-04-2006 05:09 PM

hi
i just bought the dvd today and think that the visuals are amzing, but i can see how some people may think that the story was somehow lacking. i am a fan of the series (in particular 7) and thought that this film was very nice in carrying the story on for all the fans. All in all though, nicely done, its worth a watch!!

:beer:

mairmax 01-05-2006 02:38 PM

i saw it when it was first released in japanese and its awesome.

it says or sais here that it was done mostly with Maya:
http://www.ff7acmovie.com/news/ff7ac...gy_in_mdn.html

the graphics are great...but what's with the facial expressions is it something they cant fix? in some fights the faces are just too straight.

pixelsoul 01-05-2006 03:51 PM

Facial expressions are really hard to do.. even when you look at something like the first animation from the animatrix.

The shots where they are not moving are photorealistic but when they are moving you can still see it is cg

phornby 01-05-2006 10:27 PM

Yeah definitely. But even with those troubles, i still think it was incredible....Thanks for that website mairmax.

,Pat

13th_resident 01-05-2006 10:59 PM

the environments were huge.. especially the scene when all the heros of the game were fighting that dragon thing.
(the dragon was a summon right). awww man, its hard for me to find fault in probably the coolest cg film.

my friends never believed it was made in maya...

phornby 02-05-2006 04:19 AM

I totally agree. The fx, environment, hair and clothes....it all just seemed perfect. Yeah that was a summon, named Bahumut. I would love to see more movies like this one. It would be awesome if someone made a Dragonball Z movie like this one, or even more sequals to other games. Coolest movie ever.

,Pat

13th_resident 02-05-2006 09:37 PM

are there any final fantasy fans here in simplymaya to give there critics on the movie (if they have seen it).