Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Modeling my new truck (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7578)

brian_ellebracht 21-08-2003 01:18 PM

Modeling my new truck

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys.. I bought a new truck about 3 weeks ago, almost 4. I decided to model it since I bought a new camera and I could take pictures easier... It has been along process and I have been working on it in my spare time.. I thought I would show you what it looks like, I am going for photorealism... I wanted to do a muddy texture by making my real truck all muddy, but it hasn't rained here since I bought it :( :( so right now I am just going to try and make it dusty like my jeep... I will post my texturing wip here starting today. thanks!

fredriksson 21-08-2003 01:35 PM

Good luck and welcome back Brian.

Kurt 21-08-2003 01:52 PM

Nice truck mate.....

brian_ellebracht 21-08-2003 02:05 PM

THanks guys... I got engaged so i needed to save some $$... so my little honda is now in someone elses hands :( i decided i don't think I would like having a car in the price range i was looking for after having the honda, so i decided to get another truck :) I like it alot except for the gas miliage... like 18 mpg, pretty bad, I am used to 4cylnders. Update within the hour (I hope)
Brian

brian_ellebracht 21-08-2003 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here are my wheels... the bump map that i have on the dirt, is on the same layer as the bump on the text... so the text looks pretty messed up right now on the wheels... I need to figure out a way to fix that... oops thanks,
Brian

BTW These are entirely new wheels compared to the jeep. I tried to give them a more realsitic shape than the others. THanks,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 21-08-2003 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
fixed the bump map problem i think... here is an update. Thanks!
Brian

(still needs a valve stem)

ragecgi 21-08-2003 07:02 PM

ROCK ON!

...used to have a ranger too:)

...wait... I had a crx, AND a ranger.... ARE YOU STALKIN ME MAN???!!!

brian_ellebracht 21-08-2003 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lol, yeah, thats wierd man... :) I was hoping that you wouldn't catch on... lol Well here is a very slight update...

Zyk0tiK 21-08-2003 07:24 PM

looking great man! good work!

aldudeau 22-08-2003 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
great work as usual brian!

exept i think that the part as shown on the pic (hope you don't mind) the greay area (hope this gives you an idea) should be smooth...i think

but awesome work man!!!!

alex

brian_ellebracht 22-08-2003 11:46 AM

aldudeau,

Thanks alot... Yeah, I need to figure out what to do with that, either continue the dirt on to the wheel a bit, or back it off more, so that there isn't such a hard stoping line for the mud against the wheel like there is now. But, very good point, I will probably do that. Thanks alot,
Brian

Kevin 22-08-2003 11:58 AM

looking good so far mate

mumbojumbo_13 22-08-2003 12:35 PM

sweet brian
--
how do you make that tire ? i can't do it :(

brian_ellebracht 22-08-2003 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How do you make a the tire??? Its really not to difficult... maybe I should make a tutorial on how to do it ;) I would if there was enough interest, but I am pretty busy this weekend so it wouldn't be untill sometime later next week, or next weekend... here is a slight update... I know the texture is overdone, especially the bump map....but i haven't been working on it that long, so I will be tweaking it alot. THanks for all of your comments!
Brian

genius995 22-08-2003 02:04 PM

coming along really really nice :)

And I'm interested in this tire tut :) And I think, I'm not the only one ;)