Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   environment for my monroe character (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31709)

banksta 11-01-2009 03:37 AM

environment for my monroe character

1 Attachment(s)
I have been busy so i have not gotten a chance to post up my progress on the monroe character I drew and am going to animate. Here are some renders of the living room where he will be coming into. I have done half the lighting but still have more props and lighting to do. I also will postthe character if you never got a chance to see it.

banksta 11-01-2009 03:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another shot

banksta 11-01-2009 03:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the character

banksta 11-01-2009 03:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
another shot of character untextured

banksta 11-01-2009 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one more shot

mastone 11-01-2009 05:41 AM

nice character model, although the hands should be arched, the environment needs alot of work the chair needs more bevels or just a bit more of a rounded shape.
and has a bit of a scaling issue
but as it's a wip we" ll just wait and see :beer:

banksta 11-01-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mastone
nice character model, although the hands should be arched, the environment needs alot of work the chair needs more bevels or just a bit more of a rounded shape.
and has a bit of a scaling issue
but as it's a wip we" ll just wait and see :beer:

Thanks Mastone for the crits. As far as the environment goes I am still adding props but I am placing them carefully as you will see once the animation is done.The chair is actually suppose to look like it does big and boxy.

zico_samagoria 11-01-2009 04:09 PM

good work but in my opinioin the character is better than the enviroment try to do some lighting issues ... Go on

banksta 11-01-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by zico_samagoria
good work but in my opinioin the character is better than the enviroment try to do some lighting issues ... Go on
Thanks for the crits. I am not done with the enviornment maybe I should have added more detail before posting the environment. I might just do the whole environment and then show it. I still have a lot to put in the room. I am taking my time so it will look much different when I am done with all the lighting and animation. I am glad everyone likes the character I took my time on it since I don't do characters often. By the way if the crits with the environment is that it's not photo-realistic it won't be I want it to have a CG look. Also I still have a few more props left to.

Gen 11-01-2009 08:27 PM

I think you're missing the point, its obvious that you're going for a cartoon look but the fact still remains that the props could use some beveling as right now the corners on everything are razor sharp so it makes the image look low end.

honestdom 12-01-2009 01:59 AM

i agree you need to bevel the edges of everything. I think the sofa stands out because its smooth and everything else looks quite blocky.

banksta 12-01-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hammer.horror
i agree you need to bevel the edges of everything. I think the sofa stands out because its smooth and everything else looks quite blocky.
I here you guys I will take your advice on the beveling.