Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Ice Age 2 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20908)

daffas 01-04-2006 03:45 AM

Ice Age 2

Well I saw Ice Age 2 today, its a good movie i recomend you seeing it. The computer graphics howerver looked to cartoony, and the ice that breaks apart dosnt really look like ice when it is falling and also there wasnt much particles in the whole movie, it kind of dissapointed me. but other wise it is a very good movie, and its pretty funny to. what do you guys think?

13th_resident 01-04-2006 04:45 PM

i also watched it today..
scrat was so funny!!!

one thing that didnt make sense was why doesnt snow catch on the animals fur. (could happen anyday...)

t1ck135 02-04-2006 09:00 PM

Saw it today too, very nice animation - I especially like the facial expressions on the mammoths.
The wet fur was a very nice effect too.
Story was nice and simple for the kids and scrat was great (as ever) ;)

starjsjswars 05-04-2006 02:58 PM

yeah i agree on the ice part. i think they used maya 7 for that. because of the water, one question i ordered the orc head dvd am i now a v.i.p?

daffas 05-04-2006 05:35 PM

yea i think you are.

Jay 08-04-2006 03:41 PM

How can something look too Cartoony, if it has a cartoon style. If you have read about Ice Age you'll find its look and style harks back to that of the old Warner Bros cartoon, and Mel Blanc etc...

Its suppose to look like this basically...

Jay

gohan1842 09-04-2006 10:34 PM

Lol, too cartoony.

It's a "cartoon".

Alan 12-04-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

and also there wasnt much particles in the whole movie
LOL :attn: does there need to be?! would more particles make a better movie? anyways there are probably a lot more than you realise!! ;)

as Jay said.. it's supposed to look cartoony ... it's not shrek ;)

Quote:

yeah i agree on the ice part. i think they used maya 7 for that. because of the water
I don't think they would use maya water to do the ice. I would think it's pure geometry with renderman shaders on there. I haven't seen the movie but that's what I would expect.

I will see it this week though.

:ninja:
A

daffas 12-04-2006 05:31 PM

i thought they were going to use more particles, and in the previews the movie didnt look to cartoony so, i was looking for more details in the graphics.

farbtopf 13-04-2006 12:37 AM

I haven't seen the movie but I'm going to -eventually. The terrible thing is since I became little familiar with 3d, I am sitting in the cinema going: hey wow how did they do that, mmmm nice shader, that doesn't look realistic enough, more particles please. Before I started with maya I used to relax more and JUST watch...
Even im commercials and features I always try to spot the cg shot and think about it -terrible.:angery:

daffas 13-04-2006 03:24 AM

dont worry i do the same thing

starjsjswars 13-04-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
LOL :attn: does there need to be?! would more particles make a better movie? anyways there are probably a lot more than you realise!! ;)

as Jay said.. it's supposed to look cartoony ... it's not shrek ;)

I don't think they would use maya water to do the ice. I would think it's pure geometry with renderman shaders on there. I haven't seen the movie but that's what I would expect.

I will see it this week though.

:ninja:
A

... i said the water looked like maya's 7 water not the ice...

13th_resident 15-04-2006 04:58 PM

i think ice age 2 was made from maya and realflow.

Gamestarf 15-04-2006 05:20 PM

If you looked the making of ice age 2 then you could see its made with maya.

MattTheMan 15-04-2006 05:24 PM

and so was Ice Age 1, made in Maya. Maya seems to be the preferred 3d app for movies