Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Girl Head (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11830)

Jay 12-05-2004 08:28 PM

Girl Head

Hi Boys n Gals

I know I shouldn't, but I had to tell someone, its just that well, I er JUST GOT MY COPY OF MAYA 6 !!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP ITS AWSOME!!!

Now I've calmed down, I shall be presenting the start of a new model at some point tnite, hopefully. Started it the other nite as usual in 5 but gonna start bashing it in 6 tnite so will post later

Jango

DrRobotnik 12-05-2004 09:32 PM

Oh you lucky bastard!! ;)

Jay 12-05-2004 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Doc

Cheers Dude!!! Just for that have a gander at this!!! Just downloaded Bonus tools 6, and whoa!!!! It just gets better!!! Some of the stuff for rigging is just neat and some people are gonna love it, I think its good for people who want stuff done there and then without to much farting about, plus theres some good animation stuff in there too!!!

Enjoy the pic. Crits as always please!!!

Jango

cb8rwh 12-05-2004 10:14 PM

Hey Jango,

that's one clean mesh!!

how do you go about modelling your heads? what method do you use?

MainlineX 12-05-2004 10:26 PM

Coming along very nicely indeed Jango! Keep it up :)

DrRobotnik 12-05-2004 10:45 PM

Ooooh nice! As said before very clean!

Jay 13-05-2004 09:13 AM

Thanks Guys.

CB: Just do the box modelling method, and I tend to pull edges around more than points these days as you get form alot quicker and its easier to see while you are doing it, especially while pulling loops about on the cheeks and eyes. I really recommend get MjPolytools plugin for modelling.

Jango

cb8rwh 13-05-2004 03:25 PM

I ain't very proficient with box-modelling, I never seem to be able to add extra detail correctly.

I got mjpolytools a couple of weeks ago, after reading someones post - quite possibly one of your posts. The edge loop doesn't always seem to work for me. But when it does it is very useful!!

Jay 13-05-2004 07:43 PM

Hi Cb

Not proficient??? Nahhhh!!!

I have asked Mike Mckinley about doing a tutorial for the site cos people have been so cool with their feedback but he said no cos they have a head tutorial already. I might do one anyway, in the near future, so if you're interested in trying it out again I can always send you it.

Jango

cb8rwh 13-05-2004 09:27 PM

that would be really cool,

at the moment I create heads by extruding edges - around eye then mouth then form the rest from there onwards. It produces an ok mesh, just I would like to try another method and see which is best for me.

lonepig 13-05-2004 10:13 PM

Once again a awesome model, supremely clean mesh. Looking forward to seeing how she develops. Is this for your Alien character project or a fun side project?

Jay 14-05-2004 10:40 AM

Hi Lone pig

Yeah its for the project. Cheers for your comments!!

Jango

contrast 14-05-2004 11:33 AM

I love the clean geometry as well Jango, not a non-quad to be found, great job, I am looking forward to the rest. Plus if you do make your own head tutorial I would love to know of it, even just the wireframes are a great help.

DrRobotnik 14-05-2004 12:11 PM

I too could do with the tut. The head i'm woking on is a mess.

jsprogg 14-05-2004 01:24 PM

Me too I need all the help I can get :)