Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Sound in Maya? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5435)

Forum_snowboarder33 26-04-2003 07:25 AM

Sound in Maya?

I am trying to add sound to a project that i am doing. I made a tacometer for a car, and i have a car reving in an audi file. I need to put it into maya so i can animate the tac... any tips on how?

Forum_snowboarder33 26-04-2003 07:28 AM

Never mind, i just got it. I just drag and dropped the audi file right onto the animation slider... lol
how would i get rid of it if i wanted to?

Forum_snowboarder33 26-04-2003 07:32 AM

go figure... i just figured that out too. Since i seem to have it all figured out.. is there any advice for syncing the sounds?

mtmckinley 26-04-2003 07:59 AM

patience. ;)

dannyngan 26-04-2003 08:06 AM

Lots of patience. :D

Darkware 27-04-2003 02:00 AM

Mind explaining how you did all this? I can drop audio files onto the slider, but can't hear anything when I play. How do you get rid of the audio files if you don't want them anymore too? Also, can you put any kind of audio file in there?

Darkware 27-04-2003 02:07 AM

Ok nevermind. Figured it out. What I really need to know is how to convert an audio file to aiff or wav format. Any suggestions?

Forum_snowboarder33 27-04-2003 03:43 AM

quicktime should do it the easiest

Darkware 27-04-2003 02:36 PM

How can you convert files with QT? I have it, but can't find a way to convert. I copy tracks from CD's to my computer through Windows Media Player, so the files are .wma. I have Video Mach which can convert audio and video files to various other formats, but .wma is not supported. I would like to convert to .wav if at all possible.

M 27-04-2003 06:18 PM

Hey darkware, anything your trying to conver they have a program on the web for :).. hell you can turn avi to gif if you wanted! Haha. Anyways, go onto download.com first of all and search for what you are looking for... so for example if you are looking to convert wav to wma.. then search for.. wav to wma, or wav to wma converter. If its not on there then go to google.com and search for the exact same 2 things.. not once have i not found a program to do the job. Also, you have to take into account that if your doing audio.. you cannot go from something like wav to mod or midi, just doesnt work.

ragecgi 27-04-2003 07:06 PM

Windows Media Player 9 gives me everything I ever needed for conversion:)

...and it's free... unlike the Quicktime Pro app.

(However, I think QT's GUI is prettier. hehe..)

Forum_snowboarder33 27-04-2003 07:26 PM

alright... i have a problem. I sync the sounds to the animation in maya, yet when i render, and try to put the sound onto the movie, they don't match.. they are off by 2 seconds. In maya, it plays it as a 10 second movie (260 frames) but when i render, it comes out as a 8 second movie. So the sound doesn't work.. since it is a 10 second sound.. im stuck.. am i running at too many fps for the render or soemthing?

Darkware 27-04-2003 07:26 PM

Well, I have tried three applications so far and none of them work. Mike recommended an mp3 converter, but it only converts mp3's. Another friend of mine recommended Winamp, but I see no option to convert files. I searched for an application myself that could convert wma's to wav's (http://www.mp3towma.com/) but for some reason it doesn't work. I get a window saying the conversion was succesful, the folder the wav is supposed to be in pops up, but there is no wav file. *shrugs*

I don't have dsl, so downloading all this stuff takes a while. I'm also finding out that my infinite patience isn't as infinite as I thought...

mtmckinley 27-04-2003 09:11 PM

forum - if you're making this for video, you'd more than likely want 30 fps, making a 10 second movie 300 frames.

Darkware 28-04-2003 02:29 AM

Rage, didn't see your post until now. I just downloaded Windows Media Player 9, but can't figure out how to convert like you said. In the options, you can change what format your tracks copy as from CD's to your computer, but only wma's are in the dropdown list. There doesn't seem to be any convertion thing. You... *cringes* ...don't have to have premium services do you?