Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Monkey boy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20858)

Toxic Bunny 28-03-2006 05:32 AM

Monkey boy

1 Attachment(s)
Just a little model I'm working on at the moment.
coming along but needs alot of work

Please give me some crit
Thanks

Toxic Bunny 28-03-2006 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Toxic Bunny 28-03-2006 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Toxic Bunny 28-03-2006 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Toxic Bunny 28-03-2006 05:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)

vladimirjp 28-03-2006 05:57 AM

looks good.

hes got character.

will you rig?
how are you doing the eyes, can you post a wire plz.

some areas seem falt around the arms and hands. the chest is buldging too much i think.
and the muscles seems unnecessary [or too exagerated] for this type of character. he would be more "alive" if he was a tad more slim or out of proportion i think.
but i like him.

Toxic Bunny 28-03-2006 06:15 AM

vladimirjp tks

Hey vladimirjp thanks, I appreciate your advice.
I was thinking about this character for a while...
thinking that the muscles are in too much proportion...
seeing that he is a "cartoon" character I added only 3 fingers and a thumb... his chest is a little large...
I will post the wire frame tomorrow as I don't have the model readily available from this pc.

I'm not really sure what to do with the eyes yet...
any suggestions..? and the hands... what you think
I should do to fix it up a little? I don't want it too
realistic if you know what I mean.

Thanks again, and well done with your model it is awesome!

:beer:

13th_resident 30-03-2006 02:05 PM

he reminds me of some characters in the movie madagascar

farbtopf 30-03-2006 02:59 PM

Hi,

I agree with most what vladimirjp said. You cold make his fingers a bit thicker, like more catoony. For the eyes ou could use an animated texture, maybe that would go well with the overall cartoon look.
I like his head, he has this expression of curiosity monkeys have.
looking good;)

arran 31-03-2006 06:30 PM

nice start Toxic Bunny. I like the head a lot, but at the moment the body is just not working for me. As vladimirjp and farbtopf have said the muscles are looking a little odd in places, especially at the elbow. Maybe once you have the rest of the character modelled it might start to come together. Keep at it mate!

Lt Jim 01-04-2006 03:00 PM

Looking good, Toxic Bunny!

The head is probably closer to complete than the body (that seems to be the consensus). As for the body, the parts that, IMO, need the most immediate attention are the forearms and the hands. The top view you provided has nicely modelled shoulders, but practically nothing in the forearm! As for the hands, I agree that chubbier, rounder fingers and a generally rounder shape would improve things drastically! I know, I've made the same mistake! :-)

I'm not sure if the "seam" running down the character's head is a deliberate bone "crest" or a case of hard normals which occurred when you combined the two halves of your character's head. It seems you might have already softened all of the normals, but do double-check the edge where the face halves meet, and soften the normals if necessary (again, I've made the same mistake!).

As for the eyes, perhaps the usual NURBS spheres with a deformer might work, but you would have to make provisions for them in the face. A wireframe would definitely help us to help you! :-)

Overall, a very charming character! Keep us updated!

Regards,

Lt. Jim
NYC

gohan1842 01-04-2006 04:59 PM

It looks like his palms are upside down but his fingers are ok.

Toxic Bunny 04-04-2006 05:24 AM

I agree thanks, I will make the top of his hands more convex+higher... haven't had time to work on him again but hopefuly very soon.

cheers :)

Toxic Bunny 05-04-2006 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Toxic Bunny 05-04-2006 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)