Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Bad sound and other strange stuff (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2231)

Renderizer 20-11-2002 07:29 PM

Bad sound and other strange stuff

Well...

After downloading the shark tutorial, I had to find out that the comments are barely audible - I have to listen very hard to understand a word... :mad:

And the other thing is that I receive mails telling me that someone has replied to a thread I have subscribed to, but when I follow the link, nothing has changed! :confused:

This morning someone has replied to my thread 'Can`t sign up', located in the Members Lounge. I went to take a look at the message, came back a little bit later - and the message was gone.

A couple of minutes ago I received another mail regarding the same thread - but no post was to be found there!

I'm sorry to say so, but this is a bit annoying.

Renderizer

tariqrf 20-11-2002 07:41 PM

really??? its in the VIP section right?

Renderizer 20-11-2002 07:49 PM

Ha!

Actually, the last mail I received stated that YOU have replied to my thread!

Did you? Reply to my 'Can't sign up' thread? Yes?

There is some strange stuff going on here! :confused:

Renderizer

mtmckinley 20-11-2002 08:10 PM

I'm getting a new microphone soon. Once I've got it, I'll redo the shark vids. I should add, however, that I've not found the shark vids to be quite THAT bad... sure, there's some annoying static, but I can understand what's being said, though. No biggie, though. They'll be redone anyway.

Not sure about your reply problems...

Kevin 20-11-2002 08:20 PM

OK Renderizer...

mike has siad he is going to redo the shark parts s that is good..

the subscribed threads is down to you, you need to unsubscribe from all threads, this is standard with all forums, do a post a cgtalk after signing up and you will receive the same!

and please remember ..we have been attacked by a virus (worm) thats almost killed the whole site! so the little post here and there is understandable that it goes astray, we are doing all we can atm...

sorry about the sound prob , but mike knew it was there but i said "do the tuts, as people are wanting them, if they complain then we will redo them" as i knew the new mic was on its way

no prob ...now we will redo them as you have requested.

kbrown 20-11-2002 08:32 PM

I always listen the tutorials with headphones. Helps a lot...

Renderizer 20-11-2002 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike: well, at least you're supposed to understand what you've said! :D

For all the rest - the tut is really cool!

I don't want to be any obstrusive, but take a look at my own shark (done in Cinema 4D XL R7, my first attempt at 'organic' modelling).

Keep up the good work, man!

Renderizer

Renderizer 20-11-2002 08:43 PM

Kevin: no sweat, man!

I really appreciate your work, no doubt about that!

And I didn't want to sound offensive in any way.

Let's go back to the happy chappy stuff, ok? :D

Renderizer

Kevin 20-11-2002 09:22 PM

yeah sure mate, you have every right to say whats wrong!

we knew the shark files had static, but we released now so we could give people them ..knowing that we would fix when we got the mic through :)

np mate!!!

tariqrf 21-11-2002 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Renderizer
Ha!

Actually, the last mail I received stated that YOU have replied to my thread!

Did you? Reply to my 'Can't sign up' thread? Yes?

There is some strange stuff going on here! :confused:

Renderizer

are you talking about me??

adldesigner 21-11-2002 12:59 AM

Well, just might help a bit ...

I have my stereo component connected to the computer, so I got rid of the pc´s speakers and got myself my mammoth speakers up and running. So whenever I have trouble with static or anything I just fiddle a bit with the equalizer ..and then I can enjoy perfectly the videos.
It´s just like an image with a bad contrast setting, just fiddle with it a bit ... and you can get a great image afterwards.

Perhaps it might help people a bit, since I do think the shark videos are awesome ... and more important, enjoyable.

Excellent work Mike!

mtmckinley 21-11-2002 02:14 AM

Thanks, adl. :)

Hopefully my new mic will be crystal clear. :D

Renderizer 21-11-2002 03:10 AM

Yeah, the shark video is really awesome - can't wait for the next part to come around (with some really crisp sound)!

As for the stereo - I'm afraid it has just left me for good...pretty bad timing!

tariqrf: yes, I'm talking about you - for some reason the Simply Maya server sent me a notification that you have replied to some post of mine, yet when I looked for the message, there was nothing...

Never mind. ;)

Renderizer