Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Meaooooow (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3197)

undseth 14-01-2003 02:01 AM

Meaooooow

The time... is in the middle of the night, and I can hear a cat meaowing ouside in my back-alley where I live. It has meaowed for three days in a row (at night only).

Now, what does that cat want? :D

kal 14-01-2003 02:09 AM

Quote:

Now, what does that cat want?
A phlebotomy? Skinning? a one way trip to the local chinese takeaway?
I could sit here all night coming up with suitable demises for noisy cats.. have a very similar problem here too undseth - annoying aint it?

undseth 14-01-2003 02:24 AM

Well, im just bored right now. I actually have a great deal of patience so it ain't that noisy.

Btw, what is phlebotomy? :D

A friend of mine had a funny view on birds, more specificly on their imagined efforts on mating. He said the birds had it easy. They could just sit there on the branch and just shout out; "Come and get it, get it here... or *uck off... (pause) ...I'm here... ...come get me... ...or just go hit a wall...

Translation:
"piip piiiiiip quack quack (pause) QUACK piip pip pip"

heh I'm getting bored and tired :D

3djoe 14-01-2003 02:35 AM

Hey we could do that also:D
BUT we would probably be arrested.:beer:

kal 14-01-2003 08:57 AM

Quote:

Btw, what is phlebotomy? :D
I think the technical meaning is to remove blood as a theraputic treament or somthing, but its usually associated with having ones brain removed. Happy stuff eh? :banana:

Kevin 14-01-2003 09:04 AM

shoot it!

tariqrf 15-01-2003 02:08 PM

you can always use my neighbours shotgun!!!! or just throw a grenade at it.. always works!!! :D

ragecgi 15-01-2003 03:04 PM

Or a rail gun perhaps?

hehe,, jk!

I have a new kitten of my own, and it's goin for it's first shots this weekend....

Hopefully, that will calm him down a bit:)

tariqrf 15-01-2003 03:43 PM

or rather shut him up???:D just jk

NitroLiq 15-01-2003 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kal
I think the technical meaning is to remove blood as a theraputic treament or somthing, but its usually associated with having ones brain removed. Happy stuff eh? :banana:
Actually, you're thinking of a lobotomy as far as removing part of one's brain. Phlebotomy is where they remove or draw blood in disease treatment and testing.

ChiTao 15-01-2003 04:34 PM

Phlebotomy is like leaching.. The belief that removing ones blood, also removed the sickness in the blood. Hence blooding makes you get better..

Labotomy is a poke in the eye so to speak.. A ice pick looking device was inserted in the eye socket above the eye, piercing the frontal lobe of the brain. It was scrambled a bit, and removed. The frontal lobe handles higher brain fuctions, so people that were violent, or upstarts of revolution and change, could be made dosile.

ChiTao

kal 15-01-2003 04:58 PM

Ahhhh! thanks for the biology tips guys :) I was mistaking the two

NitroLiq 15-01-2003 05:11 PM

While we're being gruesome, here's another good one...trephining. Back in prehistoric times, when a man was suffering from something, like a bad headache, they would basically chisel into the head removing bone to let "the evil spirits" out. I remember when I was a psychology major, my professor went over this and brought in an example skull....that had been trephined in several different places. Ouch! It ranks right up there with mummification preparations....at least you're dead when that happens. Anyway, here's a BBC article on trephining if anyone's curious.

Hidalgo 15-01-2003 08:18 PM

----eeessh....

Now I really needed THAT visual....

:wow:

raul 15-01-2003 10:14 PM

yo dood. that cat wants food. or it might want to snuggle. mu hanhnahah ::evil::