Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ChaRaCter: Migi_man (w.i.p) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5280)

migusan76 18-04-2003 04:30 PM

ChaRaCter: Migi_man (w.i.p)

1 Attachment(s)
:D Here is an Old character of mine that i have just started to rework and fix to improve.

M 18-04-2003 04:44 PM

Migusan! Wow, this is amazing! Was this out of your head, or did you do it by refrences? Doesnt really matter. just that guy looks like he has attitude :). As for anything i could tell you to improve on.. well... its missing arms ;). heheh.

I-Iybrid 18-04-2003 04:58 PM

LOVE his headphones :D

migusan76 18-04-2003 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D Hey Thanks M and I-Iybrid. M this character is straight out of my head in fact i never did any pre pro for him i just simply started to model him and then he started evoling in to this. I-Iybrid thanks good thing you never saw his first headphones those things sucked so bad but know iam content with them. O yea M here he is with his arms Attached. Thanks again :beer:

Kurt 18-04-2003 06:47 PM

great start mate

migusan76 18-04-2003 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back

Raull 19-04-2003 04:40 PM

the best thing has got to be that wip. 3d logo. good bud.

shoaib 19-04-2003 05:18 PM

Hi Miguel ... dude welcome to the SIMPLY MAYA...its soo good to see you here... actually i have seen your work..and your work has inspired me alot ;) it kinda helped me in changing my modeling style after lookin at your showreel....
and yeah as u mentioned above...his headphones have gone much better than the earlier one ;) have seen the earlier one in your showreel.... that;s cool dude.... and character is comin along too good...keep up the good work ;)

ragecgi 19-04-2003 05:30 PM

Welcome to SM dude!

NICE WORK!

Hope to see you around a LOT more in the future!

Can't wait to see him textured!

Witchy 19-04-2003 06:33 PM

Great stuff- can you explain a little about what technique you are using?

migusan76 20-04-2003 12:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D Thanks, Raull glad you like the logos, shoaib Iam extremly flattered that my work has inspired you i have had many works out there as well inspire me to. LOL you saw the old headphones so you now how weak they used to look :) ragecgi i plan to stay around, this place ROCKS Maya for LIFE. Witchy Iam using a quad modeling technique. Most the time ill either start with a cube smooth it once and then start roughing out a basic shape then ill go in and start to get more detailed in the shape then it starts looking more like i want it to. Acuatly know iam starting to lean more to just plane old extruding and building it face by face. Iam starting to realize how much more control i have this way when it comes to edge loops. Heres a wireframe by the way .

shoaib 20-04-2003 08:53 PM

Nice to hear from u dude... keep on posting up the good work... and sharing the tips and techniques...
i totally agree to the fact that extruding edges and building face by face technique is the best technique and you get a lot of control...
keep up the good work ;)

Vectorman 21-04-2003 02:27 AM

Very freggin nice. Looks like alotta hours........

migusan76 21-04-2003 05:04 PM

:D Hey shoaib Thanks man iam always willing to share or help out :) Thanks vertor man Yea i have put alot of hours on this guy in fact more like many months now and growing.

migusan76 21-04-2003 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a boombox i made for him