Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   ROAYL MAIL (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31577)

jali 18-12-2008 10:07 AM

ROAYL MAIL

be warned i'm about to go on a rant:headbang:

i've been working a christmas temp job at Royal mail, which i just quit at 7.45pm british time,

why, you ask well i'll tell you, first the people thier talk down to me like i'm some dumb sh!t, let me tell you guys something alright, i'm a university graduate who gained a Bachelor of Arts in animation,
and you're gonna talk to me like i'm some fool,

i'm someone who is and always will be better then the filth who work at royal sh!t hole

the past two days though were painful, i mean i had to bite my tongue so much, i felt like ripping out my hair,

their are people there who are less educated giving me orders and i'm not talking the manegers, i'm talking about other temps,

today was the icing on the proverbial cake, my maneger accused me of slacking off, telling me that i'm was not working on the task,

heres the worst thing i've been literally working my figers to the bone, i've been coming home with cuts on my fingers and arms from the hard work, and the prick has the nerve th say i'm slacking, man i was so mad i really wanted to kick some ass,

but i managed to compose myself and just through my vest on the floor and walked out:angery:

not to fret though i have another internship at an animation studio, coming up in 2009

so royal mail can go f*ck themselfs

i'm mad as hell right now:headbang:

18-12-2008 10:30 AM

i've been there before man, i don't have degrees saying that i have a brain but i've been pushed around by people enough times at temp jobs who obviously haven't got the brains to even know what they were doing let alone telling me how to do my job...

it's a good thing you managed to hold yourself together and not get violent though cause the last time i did any temp work i did get violent and now i can't legally work for any temp agencies in ontario and i had to go to anger management classes to boot... but the way i saw it at the time was that if this idiot who doesn't know the first thing that he's talking about is gonna talk to me like im some dumb ppeice of shit even though im doing more and better work thatn him he needs to be set straight, this guy was like, yelling and screaming, calling me names, saying im lazy, talking badly about me to the other workers... he had it coming...

but anyways, i hope things work out better for you with the animation gig, and i'm sure they will seeing as you've got some skill in the area, and animation can't, in anyways, end in cut up arms and fingers :p

:beer:

honestdom 18-12-2008 10:43 AM

I hate royal mail for two reasons

1. I sent a package from Japan and it travelled around the world safely with no problems until it arrived in the hands of royal mail who lost it instantly.

2. I used to have a job reading all their newspaper media.... boring.

Good luck at the animation studio.

jali 18-12-2008 11:06 AM

royal mail dont give a rats ass about your packages, i cant tell you the number of times i saw employees flinging packages with "handle with care" or "do not bend" around ,

and the only reason i didn't get violent was beacuse my mum told me not to, (damn it!! my inner momma's boy took over)

Jay 18-12-2008 11:24 AM

Ah yes dear royal snail, I have had experience of them on a more personal matter, my best mate at the time had a sister who went out with a guy who worked there many years back, and on meeting this dude, he came across as a real dick splash, talk about first impressions LOL.

Anyway they went on to marry and at the wedding half the post office were there, they were very clicky if you know what I mean, and looked down at you, right cocky b******s ya know, anyway the bloke who married my mates sister eventually persuaded him to join as well, which he did, and he changed overnight, it was the strangest thing -jekyll and hyde!! We were never good friends after that because of the 'group thing' at the post office, if you arent with them....

Also I ordered Zbrush a couple of years back from CGsociety as it wa the cheapest I could find it, after conversion it was around 235 quid with postage which was great, but on reaching here, dear old royal mayal threw another 75 quid on it just for holding fees!! b******s!!! next time it will be a digital down load for any new software!!

anyways Jali, you did the right thing mate, rise above it all, its their loss!

Jay

Gen 18-12-2008 11:40 AM

Lol good rant jali and acid's " he had it coming..." statement just made me choke a lil. There's always atleast one person who thinks they can talk to you like that, there's always that one know-nothing chick who gets an easy time because shes good on her knees and others have to carry her workload, and there's always that cheap, sneaky shit who eats other people's lunch (until someone slips something in there that'll make em' piss out their @ss). Getting violent in the workplace is never a good choice though, you'll be the one paying for it just because of some turd, especially over here in the Land of Litigation. Douchebag people will almost always make douchebag employees. Jay are you kidding me? Different stereotypes then lol, Royal Mail = smug elitist jerks, U.S Postal Service = "Fire me and I'll come back and shoot up the place!" Hey Acid whats the catch with the Canadian post office?

Jay 18-12-2008 12:05 PM

Hey Gen

Nope I kid you not, the biggest bunch of tossers ever! and these people are allowed to handle important documents!!

Jay

18-12-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GecT
there's always that one know-nothing chick who gets an easy time because shes good on her knees
you're lucky my keyboard still works with milk in it or else you'd owe me a new one for that

i laughed so hard it hurts to breathe XD

Quote:

Originally posted by GecT Royal Mail = smug elitist jerks, U.S Postal Service = "Fire me and I'll come back and shoot up the place!" Hey Acid whats the catch with the Canadian post office? [/B]
well, it's kinda both, see, being a canadian you're basically half american half brit, so we have the "i'll come shoot up the place" mixed with the pompus, on top of the law/world assholes... and we get extra charges for EVERYTHING... plus (the worst part) they only hire fat gross slobby guys and ugly chicks, which i hate, just once it'd be nice for a hot brunete to show up at my door with my custom condoms from vampirefreaks.com :D

Chirone 18-12-2008 01:48 PM

jali: sounds painful. it sucks when you can't do anything about it, eh?
are they all a bunch of kids or something? tossing packages around and thinking they are all that...

i suppose there's nothing you can do to change their culture....

acid: you are awesome :p you do what we think of doing and show us why we shouldn't do it

when/if i go to the UK i am TOTALLY not sending mail or getting sent mail

Gen 18-12-2008 01:49 PM

That's a shame isn't it lol. I wonder if there have been times when brawls broke out because a few FedEx guys and a few post office guys bump into each other on lunch breaks.

Tough break Acid. I've had a couple hot ass FedEx and cable guys <3

18-12-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chirone
acid: you are awesome :p you do what we think of doing and show us why we shouldn't do it
lmao my only real goal in life is to do EVERYTHING so it helps :p

@GecT - lucky bitch :p share?

jali 18-12-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chirone
jali: sounds painful. it sucks when you can't do anything about it, eh?
are they all a bunch of kids or something? tossing packages around and thinking they are all that...

i suppose there's nothing you can do to change their culture....

when/if i go to the UK i am TOTALLY not sending mail or getting sent mail

alot of the temps were snot nosed wet behined the ears teen ranging from 16-18, there were also guys in the 30's and 40's aswel,

there was this 40+ guy working along side me, while working i accidently put one second class letter in ther wrong place, and he was like cant you tell the difference between the number 1 and 2, in my head i thinking mother f*cker i tell what number 2 is, it's code for scat somthing you and you wife do on each other on a regular basis,

damn fools ,compared to these tossers i'm an intellectual savant!!,

the worst thing though was, when i was turning in my i.d badge
the damn maneger was trying to act like some cassanova in front of these girls, he was like " oh look girls he's had enough"

i should have slaped the sh!t out of him,

so i guess the moral of this story is dont go working for royal mail cause they're pr!cks

18-12-2008 08:48 PM

you should print and mail this whole thread to them with the subject "Here's what we all think of you, F#$@ERS!"

the second he said anything like "oh look girls, he's had enough" his f%^&ing head would've been smashed to a bloody pulp against the floor if it were me... i can't stand when people try to show people up like that, whether it involves me or not... :angery:

jali 18-12-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by acid44
you should print and mail this whole thread to them with the subject "Here's what we all think of you, F#$@ERS!"

the second he said anything like "oh look girls, he's had enough" his f%^&ing head would've been smashed to a bloody pulp against the floor if it were me... i can't stand when people try to show people up like that, whether it involves me or not... :angery:

you dont knowhow badly i wanted to do it, but i thought what if they mess me about and not pay me my wages,

tweetytunes 18-12-2008 10:21 PM

Many moons ago I worked in a bowling ally (its was when I started at uni - dont ask will not repeat that mistake) and I was put in charge of the bar area as I had already 6 years experience working in bar amd everyone else there was 18.

This one night this 18 year old girl starts barking orders at my staff and changing my staff rota. Long story short on a busy Friday night with a broken dishwasher she replaced two of my exp staff with a slow dumb wit and a newby.

I phoned her area and she told me to deal with it so I went and spoke to the manager who straight away told me to get my staff back. So I told them to get back to the bar and sent the others back to were ever they had come to. Next thing I know I got the 18 year old SCREAMING in my face in front of customers - "How dare you do that - Who do you think you are ?". I calmly told her to shut her face and get out of the bar area before I reported her.

She reported me for shutting and treating her. Also a number of customers were not happy about the language used in a family place.

I was called up to the office and asked to explain myself. When I told them the truth they wanted to surpend ME for 2 weeks to investagate what had happened.

Pissed at this point I grabbed my top ripped it in half chucked it on the floor and told them "You can stick you job and that £^£%^% £$%£$% up your arse im out of here". and walked out.

A few weeks later I was out and I saw some of the old bar staff and they kept calling me clark. When questioned about it they said it was because I srtipped off and flew away - just like superman - hehe

So yer man - I feel your pain