Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Creature Model (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12525)

bahearn81 08-07-2004 02:41 AM

Creature Model

1 Attachment(s)
hey - seeking comments critiques for this guy who i plan to animate. he's sorta a frankenstein creature -no eyes, i plan to have him either be a dark hero type like Scissorhands or just a spazzy little gimpy guy, any suggestions?

Kurt 08-07-2004 03:33 AM

Looks pretty good so far.. only thing might want to watch the skin under the shoulders just around the pecks, they are a bit wide.

bahearn81 08-07-2004 06:24 AM

ninjas everywhere

1 Attachment(s)
updates:

bahearn81 08-07-2004 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
_

ransick 08-07-2004 10:59 AM

oeeh nice!.....like the modeling you did.

keep it up :)

MainlineX 08-07-2004 02:21 PM

Yeah, looks very cool!! Nice work, keep it up!! :)

CGPMaya84 08-07-2004 05:46 PM

Awesome model so far bahearn81! :) I am looking forward to seeing more of your updates on this guy! I kind of think it would be cool if he had some sort of eyes though...but I still like it even without! :cool: I just have one question though...what is that nail suspended in the air above his arm for? Will it also be put somewhere into his body or not?

Pherbis 08-07-2004 06:08 PM

Damn brian, you got one sick mind. The model is looking great though, and is that a all gag in his mouth haha. Are you getting your ideas from dimeat? Keep up the good work bud.

-Brocolli

bahearn81 08-07-2004 07:22 PM

Thanks guys ;] ya the eyes bug me, but then if i add real eye balls theyd look like bug eyes, so i think ill go the jack skellington way with just dark concave (smart person word yay ;]) eyes. and that floating nail was just me being lazy and not deleting it. and yah thats a ball gag, caue that way... no lip synching haha. no, i really just wanted him to be silenced, like hes always suferring, that why it will be ironic when he turns out to be a good guy. um.... dynomite!

bahearn81 08-07-2004 07:23 PM

relect brouses 2004 ;]

Kevin 08-07-2004 08:04 PM

dam dude your a morbid old sod !

try not to make it with to much detail until you have you basic shape done more - like around the eyes etc

bahearn81 08-07-2004 09:26 PM

texture

1 Attachment(s)
;] through on a texture, probably will darken in the eye sockets, suggestions?

NextDesign 08-07-2004 10:49 PM

Looks cool. But man... REALLY old braces :p Good work man!

P.S. and whats that nail doing in the air?

CGPMaya84 10-07-2004 03:05 AM

Cool, I really love the texture you put on it! I think he would look kind of neat if you have him in with maybe a brown or olive-green deteriorated kind of color, making him almost look like a "zombie." :) Also, thanks for explaining to me about the nail thing...lol, sometimes I can get lazy when creating models and artworks too. :p I will occasionally do the part that I enjoy doing the most first, then do the most boring part last....or if I do not feel like fixing something I messed up on, I will just leave it and fix it later. ;) Also, the eyes idea was just a suggestion...I was thinking more along the lines of mechanical eyes though...but I understand why you don't want to add eyes. It probably would look too much like doll eyes anyway.... lol!! He still looks really awesome! Keep up the great work! :D

bahearn81 10-07-2004 05:24 AM

;]

Yah I do the same thing, skip to the parts I like then first then do the boring parts last... or just start a new project lol:bored: but i do that like 73% less now, so yay. and yah i got randomn crap all over my scene when im still building it till i delelte it, it's less efficient that way ;] im almost done with him though, the eyes still seem incompletet though, i keep going back and forth with teh empty eye idea or filled. ill probabyl try ur robotic eye idea ;] like that thnig that popped out in jedi. :p i also think i might cut off one of his arms and give him like a hook thing mc-claw-hand.