Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Transformers Dark of the Moon (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34790)

David 15-12-2010 06:57 AM

Transformers Dark of the Moon

YouTube - Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Trailer - Official (HD)

I have to confess I was not a fan of the other two but i quite like the look of this one.

Dave

bullet1968 15-12-2010 10:50 AM

1st one was good...second was more for the action...this?? hhmmmmm undecided David. It certainly looks dark...so hopefully they dont steer back towards the younger market and keep it adult, it maye have a chance.

cheers bullet

murambi 15-12-2010 11:31 AM

looks good but no megan fox

stwert 15-12-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murambi (Post 311480)
looks good but no megan fox

Thank goodness... she looks alright, but whenever she opens her mouth, it's like the movies shrivel into suckitude. "Sam! Sam!" :banghead:

I wonder if Pink Floyd will provide the soundtrack.

Jay 21-12-2010 09:39 PM

I really hated the first one, I'm glad I saw it only on dvd - it was fx for fx sake, so I didnt bother with the second, this one is just an insult in my opinion to the guys that went to the moon, its just such a lame idea. It stands alongside all the crap conspiracy theories of did they or didnt they go to the moon too - no respect.

I'll not be bothering with this either - in case I wasnt very clear...LOL

Jay

murambi 21-12-2010 10:31 PM

hey Jay obviously the story was always going to be kind of silly but you have to watch devastator transform if nothing else that was the highlight of the movie for me

bullet1968 21-12-2010 11:17 PM

You are sounding like me Jay...LOL....

Chirone 22-12-2010 10:47 AM

it is strange though... if they saw transformers on the moon why didn't tell tell optimus?

"yo optimus, man. There's some of your enemies on the moon... you should go do something about it...."

bullet1968 22-12-2010 11:14 AM

Then they wouldt have a story...it would spoil it chirone LOL. Probably along the conspiracy lines as well...you know our technology came from outer spppaaacccceeeee....thats where we got microwave pocorn man!

cheers bullet

tweetytunes 22-12-2010 12:41 PM

These films blow - wonderful CG yes - acting and story = zero.

Bay is a prize d£$%, first messes with bubblebee and the look of OP, then kills off 2 of the best transformers ever (Jazz/Ravage), uses fan fav transformers so little that there was very little point in ever having them spend all those hours re-deigning them (Soundwave, Arcee), then tells us Dinobots will never happen because of scale issues but a giant scorpion is OK, and chucks in two hill billy raciest as hell useless pink and green crapheads.

No I will not seeing this - as a ture fan of transformers - I have to say no

One film series I would love to see rebooted

Chirone 22-12-2010 02:00 PM

i thought the reason why he wasn't making dinobots was because it wouldn't make sense (and in a way it really didn't make sense) because dinosaurs are extinct and its not really good hiding...

but yeah, it sucks that soundwave and arcee are nothing but cameo... i heard he didnt put arcee in the first movie because she is a female robot and it didnt make sense to him...

i also heard he's too chicken s*** to ask leonard nemoy to voice galvatron like he did in the original 80's movie because he's so famous. hell, ive not seen star trek ever (and never plan to) i know who he is... but still... pretty wussy really...

oh well... everyone is about pleasing the general crowd who isn't familiar with the cartoon or game or book thats being made into a movie, not the fans.

3dStudent 22-12-2010 03:14 PM

Bring back Orson Wells to do Unicron, now THERES a transformer... Anyone else out there wish they had made the Transformers 'Transform' more like the cartoon and toys did?? All those thousands of bits of metall all jiggling about until they fit seamlessly together to look like a car is definately more complicated but is it better? In the first movie for example, that cell phone that turns into a little whirring ball of death, wielding chain guns and so forth is kinda cool but MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL....
Didnt they crash here on earth and use bits of what was lying around to repair themselves? Isn't Optimus Primes chest ACTUALLY the cab of a prime mover? I will watch this movie and I will enjoy it, but my issue with this issue detracts from the experience... anyone else agree?

tweetytunes 22-12-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirone (Post 311874)
i thought the reason why he wasn't making dinobots was because it wouldn't make sense (and in a way it really didn't make sense) because dinosaurs are extinct and its not really good hiding...

And hillbilly bots do ????

There was a fan based comic floating around saying that the dinobots went after shockwave and after crashing on earth had a big fight and ended up in some tar pits. Once found there transforming nodes were messed up and were stuck in the two forms they had dino/robo. Was not a fan of the style or look of the dinobots in that but the concept was fine.

But this is way to close for the 80`s comic book for Bayatron to use.

And don`t forget Galvatron is Megatron

Oh and can we plz have Sam Woodern actor killed in this one - its called transformers not humformer - way too many humans in it for my liking.

"Orson Wells to do Unicron" again" - I dont think even Bay has the power to bring back the dead there.

mastone 22-12-2010 08:30 PM

Well everybody knows that when Mr Bay makes a movie it will be all about special effects, I would love to see Guillermo Del Toro ( spelled right?) direct and produce a transformer movie.....
I really like the style his movies have ( watch pan's Labyrinth /hellboy 2)

Chirone 22-12-2010 08:36 PM

hillbillys exist in america dont they? that's where they originated from isn't it? are they are still around? i don't know... i've only heard about such things...

i was kind of expecting megatron to come back as galvatron but i guess he doesn't like explaining stuff..

and yeah... it would be nice if humans had less of a role... seems like the transformers are closer to cameo appearances than main roles...