Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   rotate around 1 object (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21642)

vlargon 22-05-2006 09:22 AM

rotate around 1 object

Hi I 'm working in a rather big sene for the moment..
it here an option to rotate onely around the one object o selected? I knowyou can do that in max.. but i didn't found it in maya yet..

plzz help me :hug:

esion 22-05-2006 01:58 PM

Do you mean rotate the camera around a select object? or do you mean rotate another object around a selected object?

vlargon 22-05-2006 02:04 PM

Re: rotate around 1 object

the camera around an object...
I'm working on a huge stage.. that i didn't make and layers and objects aren't named :(

but if i rotate my camera// vieuw arond a object located at -1500 it is a hell of a job to get the the right spot :(

Or is there a simple solution to center the compleet sene?

Me = a Noob :p

esion 22-05-2006 02:14 PM

Well once an object is selected you can press 'f' and it frames the selected object, or go select all then press 'f' to center the whole scene. Then you can rotate and move the camera around from there...but I personally dont know any way of locking a camera around an object (well I do know 1 way, but it would be a nightmare for quick changing on objects).

My suggestion would be to just sit down and start naming the objects, group objects, make layers, and organize the scene. It will make your life so much easier when working on something huge like a set.

vlargon 22-05-2006 02:24 PM

prest the f butten ..
ant it is all lost in the gray fog of maya :p
now i have to search it all again :d

moachalmers 22-05-2006 02:29 PM

If you select the object and then click on the center box of the compass, it is going to zoom on that object and make that the center of rotation for your camera.

vlargon 22-05-2006 02:34 PM

Nop gives me almost a crash :d

Think the image is way to big...
:headbang: to much curves :(

I'm not half way lofting the curvs.. and i already have 141 lofts :(

And this on a way to large scal..

edit : now it works :angery:

esion 22-05-2006 03:33 PM

If it is almost crashing maya, I would definelty suggest grouping and layering, so you can turn invis everything but what you are working on.

Oh and if its big make sure you are working in wireframe (aka press '4') otherwise you slow things way down when it gets really complex.

blackstrings 23-05-2006 04:44 PM

I think this might solve your solution.

Under your perspective window or viewing window go to > view > camera tools > tumble tools option > then use the option attributes there...check the box "tumble on object" on/off. you can also control the rate at which your mouse affects the camera rotation speed...

hope it helps

vlargon 24-05-2006 07:44 AM

That works great !!
thx for all the help :p

blackstrings 24-05-2006 06:10 PM

hp, glad it helped ^^