Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lighting & Rendering (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Output not mathing the camera ... ??? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11826)

nirsul 12-05-2004 10:10 AM

Output not mathing the camera ... ???

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

I am trying to math a perspective to an image so I used Camera Prescale to adjust the perspective angle to an image but when I render it - the output image is very close to the eye while my settings in the scene window - aren't
How do I fix it ?

it is urgent

thanks

NIR

Alan 12-05-2004 11:43 AM

I'd create a new camera and then test that one and see if you get the same results. It looks like a focal length probelm to me but i can't be 100% sure

Alan

nirsul 12-05-2004 11:47 AM

I think it was the camera aperture settings - it solved the rendering problem but the bulding kind off took away so it was very small iun the scene view

BTW - is there an easy (not having Maya Live) to match perpectives in Maya ?

I used the PreScale nad/or PostScale but I think there should be an easy way (like in programs such as ArtLantis Render or Accurender)

Nir

ragecgi 13-05-2004 04:18 PM

Sadly, not that I know of. How bout you Pure?

What I do (and it is sloppy at best) is record on paper all locked-off real-cam shots with EVERY piece of camera/lens info, distances, heights, etc. I can, so I can better replicate the shot in my post cam.

Sorry not of much help...

Alan 17-05-2004 09:04 AM

by eye is probably the best way I'm afraid. It's a bit of a black art but make a plane and a horizon level and then start moving the camera until the perspective lines up properly. It's a bit of a pain but once it's locked it's done.

Alan

nirsul 17-05-2004 12:37 PM

there is no solution - mine is to distort the image in PS by using two selections - but this is good when you have a relatively cube-shaped object (happily , this is the current case)

I select one facade and distort it and later the same with the second facade.

There is a nice solution in a software called ArtLAntis Render but it is not transfarable.

:-(

in 3DMax 6 there is a camera fixing utility and this one is somethibg I forgot to mention to Duncan Breansmead when I sent him a list. (upon his request) - hope he reads this one , too...

Nir

NitroLiq 17-05-2004 01:48 PM

you could try playing with the Film Offset values in the camera's attribute editor. It'll help get rid of any vertical perspective distortion. First, raise or the lower the camera so that it is horizontal (no distortion), then use the offset values to frame the portion of the scene you want to render. Offset repositions where the camera looks in relation to the target.

nirsul 17-05-2004 03:49 PM

NitroLiq

Although I remember playing with it - I will try it again, THX

Nir

Alan 19-05-2004 03:34 PM

this should help:

http://www.noir.org/tutorials/3dTuto...ier/index.html

I had a quick read and it seems like it's quite a nice way of matching stills.

Alan

nirsul 21-05-2004 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
THX guys for the advices,

I think the problem was very much a result of the image being a panoramic view composed of 3 shots but I think that I managed it quite nicely. (I used PhotoShop to deform each of the two facades - seperately)

There is a deformation so that the vertical edges of the buildings are not parallel in the image and 3DMax gives a solution - they called it perspective correction - I wish Maya would , too.

BTW: the pavement is supposed to have that strange angle and the blue car is actually a van so it looks as if it were too big a car...

Nir

Alan 21-05-2004 08:54 AM

pespective looks off competley. The top of the building is the most noticeable. It shouldn't matter if it's a panormaic shot it should still line up.

Did you try that lin i sent you?

nirsul 21-05-2004 12:56 PM

Yes

I know but it was acompromise, There is a 3rd viewpoint in this image and I cannot deal with it in Maya (AFAIK)

The link is valid if you know 3DMax

THX anyway

Nir

Alan 21-05-2004 01:10 PM

yeah but the idea behind the link (drawing the persp lines in photoshop) is valid in any software package.

It's up to you but I would look at fixing it :)

Alan

nirsul 21-05-2004 02:47 PM

I did that and it gives , such a sharp angle that it is worthless
so I opted for the less accurate result,

Nir

Alan 21-05-2004 04:10 PM

ok fair point, but looking at the building on the left the persp line on the top of the roof is way off IMHO. It just looks a little "fisheyed" at the moment.

Alan