Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Aircraft: latest Republican GUnship Composite (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3270)

brian_ellebracht 16-01-2003 10:07 PM

Aircraft: latest Republican GUnship Composite

1 Attachment(s)
THis is the latest composite I made with the gunship, Made the textures, sharper added a bump and spec. map. The pilot and gunners are turned off for quicker render time. Thanks for viewing,
Brian

(p.s. I have a 1600x1200 composite for a desktop if anyone is intersted. Thansk,
Brian

brian_ellebracht 17-01-2003 02:11 AM

no comments, no one like or dislike?
Thanks,
Brian

ragecgi 17-01-2003 02:29 AM

NICE!!

Good job on the grain matching detail:)

Darkware 17-01-2003 03:07 AM

I like it. One question, though. Is the background image of the streets and buildings real or cg? It's looks realistic, but there are some parts that look like they are not. Like the building in the upper left-hand corner looks too perfect. I can't tell the difference. What will we do when computer graphics become so real that we can't tell the difference? People won't be able to say, "Hey, that's a cool graphics image" because they won't know it is one!

brian_ellebracht 17-01-2003 03:14 AM

THanks for your comments, :) THe background is actually just an image!! I wish I had video footage at that angle for my animation, so I could show it fly up to the camera, stall out and flip over slowly and go the other dirrenction. Ohwell. ITs just a picture. THanks, for the replies. I take it as a compliment that you thought that the background was 3d. THanks,
Brian

Hidalgo 17-01-2003 03:36 AM

Great angle. Your composite is very seamless.

Nice work!

Oculus 23-01-2003 04:04 PM

Man, that really is cool. I don't know what it is (a space gun ship with a pink alien driving... ?) but super cool!! Great texturing on the flyer. =]

Tolerate 24-01-2003 10:02 AM

Looks nice, the film grain is pretty much spot on. However, I would either blend the edges of the ship layer in more or i would have rendered the ship with motion blur

GateKeeper 24-01-2003 10:16 PM

I think you did an excellent job Brian. Just one question though the lines on the model that give it that paneled look. Are those drawn in paintFX?

brian_ellebracht 24-01-2003 10:47 PM

The textures are done in photoshop, I didn't do the orignal model, I just retextured it.

Thanks,
brian

Basura3d 26-01-2003 01:04 AM

Cool!

Kevin 28-01-2003 09:57 AM

nice brian! you have an AVI of this work somewhere I think?

any chance of the link again?

great work!

Alan 29-01-2003 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this isnt WIP but I couldn't resist: :banana:

Something doesn't quite "sit right" in my opinion. Maybe adding a slipstream effect out of the back of the fighter might help... here's a rough re-work to show you what I mean.

Ps. The cloud effect was photoshop and 5mins i just wanted to show you roughly what I meant :)

Alan 29-01-2003 03:21 PM

I should have also said, the texturing is fantastic and I would love to see the texture maps that you used. Is there any chance of a download to have a squiz at them? please!
Alan

brian_ellebracht 29-01-2003 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello... Thanks for the replies, Umm... Here is the old animation, with old textures, no spec or bump. I have totally remade it since this animaiton, and its much longer. But I am not going to show that off untill my demo is done:D Witch should be done soon, with in the month or so. I agree about the back of the Ship, However, I think I am just going to make a trail of "heat distortion" at least that is what i did in my composite with matchmoving. Thanks again,
Brian

BTW you have to have divix to view it. (sorry)