Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Patrick Stewart (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35156)

Perfecto 23-02-2011 06:09 PM

Patrick Stewart

Going to attempt to model a head to look like someone. I'm choosing Patrick Stewart since he's bald, well mostly. I don't want to deal with hair. I'm not much of an organic modeler so this won't go too quickly. If I like the way the head turns out I might model the body.

daverave 23-02-2011 06:47 PM

I still have Ian McKeller that I have not finished we could do Xmen,,,,,LOL...Im sure you will do well...........dave

Perfecto 23-02-2011 06:53 PM

Haha, X-Men, that actually sounds cool. I know star trek and such has been done a bazillion times so I was kinda hesitant to refer to Patrick as Picard. Perhaps we could make this a community project. People could model X-Men characters and then everyone could send you the models so you can put into a final scene...just a thought. I'm sure most everyone on SM would trust you with their models.

Perfecto 23-02-2011 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found a couple of images I think might work as references. I cropped them down to just head profiles and they seem to line up pretty good.

Here's my image plane setup.

mastone 23-02-2011 07:26 PM

good luck...

daverave 23-02-2011 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like a good idea perfecto, lets see if any one else is interested. may be a poster. Any way if there is no other interest I could carry on with mine and do a head to head shot...........dave

Edit:This is how far I got with him

eye_grafix 23-02-2011 08:09 PM

Cool idea - I love Xmen and StarTrek even if it was "before my time" LOL
I hope it turns out well.
@dave Good start but the nose is a bit to big. :-D
---Peace---

daverave 23-02-2011 08:32 PM

Ian McKeller has a big nose google him...........LOL.....dave

Perfecto 23-02-2011 08:32 PM

I love your poster idea. Could even expand it to a Marvel poster if alot of people were interested. That would allow more character choices.

Magneto is a good choice, you could even model him with his helmet, that way you wouldn't have to fool with having to make hair. Nice start so far.

tweetytunes 24-02-2011 12:48 AM

I might have a go at the film version of night-crawler - just for the fun of joining in.

And sorry Patrick Stewart will forever be "CIA Deputy Director Avery Bullock" for me now (American Dad rules)

Perfecto 24-02-2011 01:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm done for today. Here's what I've got so far. I still have a lot of tweaking to do on the nose eye and...well all of it really haha.

tweetytunes 24-02-2011 01:14 AM

you got the noise down thats for sure - you can tell who it is

bullet1968 24-02-2011 10:40 AM

Wow Perfecto good bloody start!!! good luck with it mate!

cheers bullet

dave: Yes he does have a rather large hooter LOL

daverave 24-02-2011 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to show that I am on the case started the helmet, still a lot to do with it, from what I have seen his ears get squashed into the helmet will fix at the end...........dave

PS. you are B*** fast perfecto

Perfecto 24-02-2011 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Helmet is looking good daverave.

I did a little bit this morning but now it's time to eat breakfast and get my butt moving. Busy day today. I thought I would finish this morning but it's going to take a little more time than I thought.

I've got about an hour or two of work left. I've got to work on ear lobe and ear shape including adding a Y shape to the inside. I have to finish the head shape, including the noticeable ridge along the front middle and the side profile especially the transition from the nose to the forehead. The eyes also need more tweaking, the jaw line needs more tweaking, and I need to make all the major dents and bumps. Here's another update shot though.