Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Got me XBox 360 back - Yerrrrr (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31916)

tweetytunes 13-02-2009 12:30 PM

Got me XBox 360 back - Yerrrrr

The police actually caught the S.O.B who took my xbox360 and most my games and I got it back today - but no games yet. There is a snag about them as he claims to have bought some and so they need to go though them before giving them back to me. I think I sould get all the games personally.

As many of you know I was pissed about this in the "Where have all the good games gone" thread and although I had a PS3 for Christmas off my lovely girlfriend I missed Gears of war 1 + 2 and a host of other games on there.

As you can tell me one happy bunny right now

Gen 13-02-2009 02:52 PM

Lol good for you! Please tell me it was some snot nosed lil kid as a grown person stealing a console would really be a burning shame.

Rhetoric Camel 13-02-2009 07:40 PM

glad you got it back, it's always nice to hear that the police actually did something helpful.

tweetytunes 17-02-2009 07:44 PM

He was my old house mate and hes 27. I had to kick him out as he owed me £1500 in rent.

My gf works for the police - just as a admin worker but was able to get hold of the statment he gave and its just a big joke. I clams the door just opened when knocked and thought he would take the xbox360 as i did not give him the depostit back.

Chirone 19-02-2009 06:51 AM

that is one sad person...

i never thought that anyone would ever get their stuff back once stolen, i think you're lucky

publicFunction 19-02-2009 08:48 AM

Consoles SUC :p

The PC is the future of gaming....

OK, enough of that crap...

Gr8 to hear the British Bobby has not lost his touch, and you got the 360 back. Not many people actually see their possessions returned.

I wouldn't do telling many people about you getting to read his statement, as there are laws within the CJA (Criminal Justice Act) and the DPA (Data Protection Act) that could have been broken, also a few about disclosure.

On the "he bought some patter", does he have receipts or any other proof and did you know him to have ever bought any games whilst living with you?

If he can't prove ownership he is going to have a hard time convincing anyone that any of the games are his. Sad thing is as he is contesting ownership, it may require you to provide proof that you own them. Yeah for xBoX Live, it will have tracked all the games you have played.

Good Luck with the games coming back, and well done the Fuzz for getting it back to you.

tweetytunes 19-02-2009 09:25 AM

Lucky enough I have not read his statement my girlfriend did as it was part of her job.

I am also luck because I had a photo of my bunnies which had all my xbox360 games on a shelf behind them which the police are using (its also got a date stamp on it aswell - hehe).

The guy does not have a leg to stand on

publicFunction 19-02-2009 04:45 PM

Lets here it for blind luck and chance...