Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Carpool lane violation (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19120)

Anhslaught 17-11-2005 03:27 AM

Carpool lane violation

Hey does anyone know how much a carpool violation is??
I just got one and im worked up. AH!

And does this count on your record??

There was only 2 lanes, normal lane and carpool lane. The guy holding up the line was going about 35 mph on a 65 mph fwy, so 2 guys in back of me merged over to the carpool, so I followed. I realized the firebird infront of me was the cop! He pulled me over.

Why didn't he pull the guy holding the traffic over but he pulled ME over! >:(

darijo203 17-11-2005 07:17 AM

Is it cuz you're black!? :ninja:

lol

Anhslaught 17-11-2005 07:19 AM

Haha wish I could use that excuse, but no. It's definately my fault, but I'd like to know how much this thing is and if it will give me a point. :(

swankymonkey 17-11-2005 03:02 PM

I found 2 different amounts by searching for CARPOOL VIOLATION CALIFORNIA:

17. What if I used a HOV/carpool-lane by mistake?
Vehicles that do not meet the requirements for high-occupancy-vehicle (HOV)/carpool-lane use are subject to a California Highway Patrol (CHP) citation with a minimum fine of $341.

-and-

Courts will be able to allow those suffering financial hardship to pay off fines for traffic infractions through community service. Under Penal Code section 1209.5, the court will decide what constitutes a financial hardship. Over the years, traffic tickets have gotten increasingly more expensive. A carpool violation, for example, is $271, and running a red light is also $271.

<in my best E.T. voice> ooouch!

I guess 35 doesn't sound so bad after all;)

Isn't there a phone number to call for info on the ticket?

Shadeblade 17-11-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darijo203
Is it cuz you're black!? :ninja:

lol

I'm not too sure I like that comment. :(

Anhslaught 17-11-2005 09:52 PM

Oh yeah I just called Traffic court, after an hour of waiting.
The lady didn't know if that's a one point penalty on the record, told me it was a non moving violation and the cost should be at least 300 bucks. So I guess the one yous aid is what I'll have to be paying. I'm gonna use that ET voice too. Ouch. lol

Oh and then I was told to call DMV for the info, they didn't even know how much hit would cost and wasn't sure if there would be a penalty. So I waited and waited, she took some calls and came up with the answer. Said I would have a one point on my record. Wellll that sucks. I'll have to go to traffic school. Next time I'm just gonna follow and honk! haha

Anhslaught 17-11-2005 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadeblade
I'm not too sure I like that comment. :(
That's ok, I don't think he meant any harm. :)
I'll say sorry on his behalf. ;)

WebberM 09-12-2014 08:26 AM

I'm not sure what the exact amount is. I can only tell you that the tickets there are costly so we have to be extra careful about that. Due to a brand new law, California drivers with low-polluting automobiles can take advantage the HOV, or carpool, lanes, even if they are carrying no additional passengers. The perk is set to run out in two years. However, a new bill seeks to extend that by an additional 10 years. In spite of its advantages, we cannot deny the fact that there will be times when we will break their rules, although sometimes it's unintentional. In cases like this, get a personal loan for your low-energy car payment.

stwert 09-12-2014 02:28 PM

This is the strangest thread resurrection ever. No one wants your personal loan spam WebberM.