Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Favorite Winter Entry (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28939)

mtmckinley 10-02-2008 09:59 AM

Favorite Winter Entry

Take this opportunity to pat someone on the back for a job well done and vote on your favorite Winter Challenge entry! Keep in mind that the entry with the most votes isn't necessarily the winner of the challenge, it's just the forum favorite, something to definitely be proud of! The winner is still decided by myself and only takes into account the quality of the entry and following the rules. A winner should be announced by this weekend.

Good luck, all and thanks for playing! :)

AikoWorld 10-02-2008 10:21 AM

could you post the images here? so i can see them.

As on the other thread i can only see 6 rather then 8 that are in the poll.

mtmckinley 10-02-2008 10:31 AM

there are 2 threads with entries in them, both stickied.

AikoWorld 10-02-2008 10:39 AM

aha cool, i figured it was another challenge :)

Cool cool, i liked all entry`s, they had allot of personal inspiration to all artist.

Thou the one that really looked great to my eyes was s2-speedy.

Congrats to all for your amazing works :)

starjsjswars 10-02-2008 10:40 AM

I had to go with r@nsid, i liked speedys but, i didnt like the modeling, the style(but still good) i'm just verry high on modeling..

GOOD job to all though!

10-02-2008 10:50 AM

For me, it came down to s2-speedy and RockyMills_01. I ended up voting for speedy's. RockyMills did a very good job, but I didn't like the huge text box at the bottom, the lighting, and the image was too small, so I couldn't see very much detail.

I wanted to enter so badly, but 2 things stopped me. The holidays and Pixologic, which were/are very slow.
:beer:

publicFunction 10-02-2008 12:18 PM

I voted for speedy... good idea and well dealt with and gave a nice reference to The Matrix. Yeah its been done 100 times before, but its a good entry.

Joopson 10-02-2008 01:20 PM

i voted for Mirek, i quite liked it.

good job to everyone else though, ^_^

THX1138 10-02-2008 02:20 PM

Man I wished I could have continued my entry. If it weren't for the writers strike making my theater more busy during this time of year I would have had more free time.

Anyway, lots of good entries in this challenge. I thought s2-speedy's entry the most impressive and like R@ansid said, it has a matrix feel to it. Would have been cool to see it animated.

arran 10-02-2008 05:42 PM

this was a tough one to judge - there were a lot of excellent entries this time around.

in the end though i had to go with speedy's entry - it's a rhino playing basketball... a RHINO playing basketball!!! :)

Some Guy 10-02-2008 11:05 PM

These entries were all good but i voted for Aves cause it made me giggle...

s2-speedy 11-02-2008 04:24 AM

this is really hard to decide, i had a good long look at the finals, im stuck between rockymills, r@nsid, ave and sokol.

all are very good, i may go for ave as he had very little time and i thought it was a good/funny idea :) wud of looked great with a final scene but credit to him.

I also like the modelling and texturing of rockymills and sokol.

ok ive decide on AVE - u got my vote.

Thanks to everyone for the vote - that means alot, much appericiated. glad you liked it and the matrix effect, it only came to me late on, I thought it would go well, as he meant to dodge the balls afterall :D

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED. :D:beer:

Mayaniac 14-02-2008 10:29 AM

Well, my vote goes to RockyMills.

Thats my kinda sport ;)

It was well put together. The image was a bit small, but the modeling was pretty good, and the cartoon characters were nicely designed.

Good job, and good luck to all!

I hope to take part in the next one.

mirek03 17-02-2008 03:03 AM

stuck between ave and speedy.., look very much the same..?? umm.., speedy :) even though it has a sad ending

elephantinc 17-02-2008 03:17 AM

Its got to be RockyMills_01, i just love it
i like the style and the concept