Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Shades (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19519)

magicsy 19-12-2005 06:42 PM

Shades

1 Attachment(s)
Hey i know its kinda simpe but i had a spare 15 mins n made these, i quite like em :)
;)

MattTheMan 19-12-2005 07:40 PM

Yes it is nice! Now what you have to do is to add a nice caustic effect, up the amount of final gather rays, use an HDRI environment map, change the glass material on the shades to a mental ray dialectic material with a very low refraction, change the color to more clear... etc.

I like it too though, but ^ is just how to make it better

hope that helped

cYa LaTeR,
MaTt :alien:

magicsy 19-12-2005 08:18 PM

thanks matt ok ill sort it out.

Kartzan 19-12-2005 11:53 PM

Maybe its the angle, or maybe its just me, but it seems almost like the parts that go over your ears arent quite long enough. Just a thought (this is coming from a person who doestn wear glasses).

mc-fleury 20-12-2005 01:25 AM

these look pretty good.look like matt always crits on everything in a bad way and...i really dont like that, he never makes positive comments or almost.he says its nice and after he says to change everything.i really cant wait to see your next project matt so it will be a pleasure for me to crits it and be sure i wont be nice with you...

so now im finished with him, i have to say that these look pretty nice, model looks quite good. nice speed modeling if can say that.

;)

scuse me but i had to say that to matt

magicsy 20-12-2005 08:13 AM

lol yea i kinda agree.
and it must be the angle yeah. they are quite long.

magicsy 20-12-2005 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's some reflection

gohan1842 21-12-2005 04:43 PM

I believe the sides that go around your ears are rather short also.

I don't like the glass material as it's not really glass. You can barely see through it.

magicsy 21-12-2005 04:53 PM

they are ment to be sunglasses i messed up a bit..oh well i ll get them right. Eventually.

MattTheMan 27-12-2005 05:10 PM

Hey... people ask for c+c and I give c+c. I tell any way that it could be made better. Wether you choose to listen to it or not is up to you. Now, just because I c+c it doesnt mean I dont like it. But think about it this way, if it were perfect, I would not crit on it.

No offense magicsy, but your shades are not perfect.
But just because they are not perfect does not mean they are not good. I like them as well!

And I am sorry if I sound like "well... just redo it, its crap". Because that is not my honest opinion.

And as to mcfleury, yes, please criticize my future projects as much as you can, thats the only way for me to make them better!

So I am sorry for making you feel bad, but I was just giving my honest thoughts. I will try to be more positive from now on but its hard :p lol

brentlydavis 29-12-2005 08:49 PM

Well Put Matt. If it weren't for people like you being able to pick out the tinyist little things (or big things) that make our models flawed in any way, this page would not exist and none of us would get any better. which would be a bad thing.

Joopson 30-12-2005 12:26 AM

i have a few crits(1, lol) the glass is too foggy, or Too Opaque, hope this helps!unless someone already said that

mc-fleury 30-12-2005 02:03 AM

its not what you say but how you say those things.

MattTheMan 30-12-2005 02:10 AM

You know what? If you dont like what I say or how the hell I say it, then DONT READ IT. Thats what my dog does, when he sees something that bothers him, he looks, barks, moans, yelps, BUT HE CONTINUES TO LOOK.
I hope I am right when I say that you are smarter then my dog.
So stop pissing and moaning, and DONT READ MY POSTS if you dont like them.
Alright?
And for you peeps that do like my c+c'ing your projects, good for you. :beer:

Joopson 30-12-2005 03:57 AM

i love your C+C's matt!