Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cannot activate Maya 2013 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37658)

Timppa 24-04-2012 12:45 PM

Cannot activate Maya 2013

As soon as I click "activate":

A license error has occured. Contact your technical support reprensatative for assistance.
To help determine the nature of the problem, the error code is: 110.

License was not obtained
Tried Maya 2012 ([product key removed] 2013.0.0.F), error 20

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=’standalone’

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE=’[product key removed’]

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Help, anyone?

honestdom 24-04-2012 01:12 PM

Contact your technical support reprensatative for assistance?

Timppa 24-04-2012 01:28 PM

You people are pretty much my only tecnical support right now.

NextDesign 24-04-2012 03:53 PM

Sorry, but this needs to be asked. Is this a legitimate cut of Maya? Autodesk has free support for activation.

Timppa 24-04-2012 06:26 PM

I am using a trial/free student key. Tried both.

Perhaps it is just me being blind but I could not find out any kind of free support service, just some online documents. I wonder if they offer any help with the free licenses anyways. If you can help me out and find me a link, I would appreciate it

stwert 24-04-2012 06:46 PM

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form

joverall22 24-04-2012 07:19 PM

Try creating a new windows account and activating the program through the new user but this problem usually only happens with hacked versions of Maya I've never seen it with the legit serials. But who knows :shrug:

Timppa 29-04-2012 10:32 AM

I tried the new user-thing, did not help. I also tried contacting the support, but it seems to be just waste of my time. They are giving me links to other topics with a similiar problem and telling me to use them to solve my problem - even if there is no solution. After that they told me to do a clean reinstall, which I have already tried.

honestdom 29-04-2012 04:19 PM

Have you had maya installed before?

joverall22 29-04-2012 05:07 PM

When all else fails format and reinstall everything

Timppa 30-04-2012 06:41 AM

No, I haven't had maya installed before. I even tried installing Maya 2012 today, but that one does not work either. Gives me an error about corrupted files when trying to install.

ctbram 30-04-2012 07:52 AM

I have an academic account and for the student version you should have been given two things...

1. product key ... for the student version there is a specific product key
2. serial number

The product key and the serial number are tided together so if you do not have a valid key and serial combo the installation will fail.

This will also have to be activated, so you'll need a connection to the internet. There is the possibility that someone else has consumed your serial number. You could go to the academic download page and acquire a new serial. I am not sure though as they may just generate the same one you originally received. In which case there is a support option on the academic download page to report problems with the installation.

Timppa 30-04-2012 08:15 PM

Thanks for your help, ctbram. However the problem cannot be the serial number, as I tried installing Maya as a trial. It still gives me the same error when trying to activate.

I am also getting fed up with the support. They are just linking me random threads with the same problem and telling me to use them to solve the issue. I have tried pretty much every fix I have found from the forums but nothing has helped.

nov2011 30-04-2012 08:46 PM

Try uninstalling maya completely (apparently there's some crap that sometimes stays in the registry that you might have to remove manually - google complete or clean maya unistall) and when you reinstall it, instead try to right click on the setup icon and run as admin. Not sure if it'll work, just try...

..btw. did you get that version from the official website?

ctbram 30-04-2012 09:02 PM

Forgive me for asking this but you are running as admin and you have turned off UAC?

If so don't give up. Do what nov2011 suggests and do a complete unintall. Then as admin with uac off reinstall, but this time do not do the trial install, just use your product id and serial from the start. Maya should auto activate the first time you run it.

What os are you running? When you tried the 2012 install were the missing files part of the isntaller or windows system stuff. I am concerned that you are getting corrupted installers or that you have system issues.

Did you actually get the trial installed and running at some point?

It should run as a trial, fully functional for 30-days. Once it runs you know it's not the maya installer itself. If activation fails after a successful install then I would suspect there is a problem with your product id and/or serial.