Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Twisted X-Mas - brian_ellebracht (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2612)

Speedy 10-12-2002 06:49 PM

Twisted X-Mas - brian_ellebracht

1 Attachment(s)
Hello. Unless you can tell me another way of signing off, then I am stuck right now as speedy. I am at work and I can't access my cookies on this computer. so I can't clear them. Well, anyways, I decided to get an early start on my environment for this months contest. while I am at work. I did this during my lunch break, so I have about an hours worth of work involved, but there is allot more to come (including the Santa) so its not so evil...yet. Let me know what you think. I will update when I get a chance. Thanks,
Brian

Speedy 10-12-2002 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As a matter of fact it doesn't even look like christmas yet, but as I say again, I only have a little bit of work done on this right now, there is still alot to come. thanks,
Brian

Roman 10-12-2002 07:21 PM

really cool start brian.. :p (or should i say Speedy).. lol
i like the style of the house... can't w8 for more.. :p

Speedy 10-12-2002 07:25 PM

I Know the colors don't help at all (I am going to change them) but the style of Modeling that I am going for is going to be similar to Nightmare Before Christmas. I will be posting an update shortly.
thanks
Brian

Emo 10-12-2002 07:52 PM

Speedy??? lol that was gonna be my nickname here.. except something different with Speedy

BTW: nice start!

-Emo

Speedy 10-12-2002 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an update, Don't worry, there will be some color, but not on the house. THanks,
Brian

Speedy 10-12-2002 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another picture. I added the tree, and I am starting to change the lighting to ad a moon. THanks,
Brian

Roman 10-12-2002 10:10 PM

nice progress man.. i'm likin' it more and more.. :p

BabyDuck 10-12-2002 11:03 PM

oh brian, now i am depressed. you apologize that your work is not any good. and i wish i could do that. and i would dream to do it in an hour.

i think it is excellent start ...

Speedy 10-12-2002 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the latest version, decided to mess with the shading, thought that this was interesting, let me knw what you think. THanks,
Brian

BabyDuck 10-12-2002 11:07 PM

it is like a black and white film. i would not want to live is such a wicked house.

oh and one thing, can you stay with the rules and makes the pictures please in 600x440 ?? kind of hard to see otherwise.

and keep up the great work :beer:

Speedy 10-12-2002 11:07 PM

Thanks ducky. I am going to ad christmas lights, around the house, they are going to be in color :) But I might just make the light bulb glow instead of actually making a light for each one, make take a while to render. lol. I am also going to ad a wreath on the door, it wil also be color. Wait till you see my Santa :), it will probably be one of my better characters.
Thanks,
Brian

Speedy 10-12-2002 11:08 PM

Yeah, sorry about it, just wanted to make one big so you could see some more detail. a apologise about that. I will continue to make my update images smaller. THanks,
Brian

BabyDuck 10-12-2002 11:13 PM

no problem. i dont mind big pictures, but some people are on 800x600 screen resolution - and for them it would be nice to have pics at most 600 pixel. and in the guidlines of this challenge is something about the 600x440. so not my idea ;)

and if you worry about the detail, keep some surprises for last shot ( i think it will be again in 1024x768) - and you can make a blow up of a detail if you want to show how great the nose hair of santa is coming alive :D

Speedy 10-12-2002 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is another angle.
Thanks,
Brian