Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Free time sculpt (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35107)

Kurt 13-02-2011 05:36 AM

Free time sculpt

1 Attachment(s)
Had some free time to scuplt today.. this is what i have so far still needs a lot of muscle tweaking and weight adjusting but not bad for just a few hours. I've been really focusing on poses as of late trying to get a more realistic feeling evening if its a creature in any new work.

Ozgalis 13-02-2011 12:22 PM

Nice im liking it so far, it look almost like it has a snout of a dog, looking forward to seeing more.

Kurt 22-02-2011 02:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bit more Poseing off to detailing

bullet1968 22-02-2011 04:13 AM

Looks suspiciously like a werewolf Kurt....

Kurt 22-02-2011 04:20 AM

yeap but a skinny one like the one in harry potter

CGWolfgang 22-02-2011 07:33 AM

Man Kurt its looking pretty good for just a few hours it's going to be interesting to see what you do with it. ;)

Kurt 22-02-2011 07:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bit more work on the chest belly area, as well as started the back.

bullet1968 22-02-2011 09:15 PM

Ah yes I remember them now....looks bloody good mate..as per usual...you are very good at this...great skills man.

cheers bullet

Kurt 04-03-2011 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had some time to work a bit more on the chest, shoulder area tonight.. My next goal is to get on with learning the in's and out's of lighting and rendering in ZB.. So much to learn from the looks of it but should change my work in a huge way.

Kurt 05-03-2011 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lot more work on the arms and legs today. Fingers and nails up next

bullet1968 06-03-2011 01:24 AM

wow mate...that is very intense muscle def's going on...well done man

BabyDuck 06-03-2011 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
looks awesome kurt - one crit i have for you is the quads. they don't look right. the muscle in the middle folds under like the green one. yours (red) is awefully long and not covered up by other muscles in the quad. that muscle also reaches almost half way down the knee once it is build strong - you could either move it down some or let the outer one stop higher. that would make it look more natural. i have not actually checked how canine muscles are different - but since he walks on 2 legs he should probably look closer to a human on his legs. keep it up :)

duckie

Kurt 06-03-2011 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Babyduck,

tweaked the legs and hip areas a lot more today... Toying with the idea of making him into Anubis, want to put some cloth or something on him.

BabyDuck 06-03-2011 05:39 PM

your welcome - that looks a lot better. now he has 4 distinct muscles in his quads. :D

its always amazing how fast you are able to sculpt. do you have a easy workflow for moving from zb to maya? i tried baking a normal map or a displacement map - both with horrible results. and no, i don't really want to tweak and edit the image afterwards.

Kurt 06-03-2011 05:54 PM

I have the sculpting work flow down pretty good with importing base meshes from maya to add detail, then back into maya. I find the goZ feature helps a lot with the maps, I still need to tweak them a lot most of the time when they come back into Maya in Photoshop but nothing like like when I had to do all the maps before goZ came to windows... The one thing I did find for dis maps is the bigger your mesh is in maya the better the dis map will display. Then again most of my work right now is illustration so the size of the model dont really count.

One area I will be trying to get a lot better at and learn over the next few weeks is building my bases in ZB with shperes instead of Maya as well as getting better at rendering and lighting within ZB.. This way I wont need to touch maya as much...