Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   FREE compositing tut missing files... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3981)

ragecgi 14-02-2003 02:50 AM

FREE compositing tut missing files...

Hello all!

Nitro was kind enough to slap me on the forehead and let me know that I forgot to include the scene files, complete with a maya 4.0 .ma conversion, and the IMPORTANT fire footage!

Sorry all! My bad!

Here they are all zipped up for you and ready to go:

Zip file includes my project directory, 2 scene files (4.5 .mb AND a 4.0 .ma), and all the related textures/shaders (simple), and the ever important FLAME footage! :)

Enjoy!

PS: lemme know if this file gets corrupted....

EDIT: THIS FILE HAS BEEN REMOVED NY THE ADMIN FOR TESTING - THANKS

NitroLiq 14-02-2003 03:41 AM

Thanks Izzy. The 4.0 file still doesn't work on open or import. I opened it up in editplus but can't make out what's going on when I look at the first few lines as there are ascii boxes scattered within the text. Anyway, here's the error maya gives me:

Code:

// File read in 0 seconds.
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: RAGE_gringots_RAGE_gringots //
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: ambientLightShape1 //
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: pipe1_pipe1 //
// Warning: line 1: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: wall1_wall1 //
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// Error: Error reading file. //

Maybe it makes more sense to you?

ragecgi 14-02-2003 04:41 AM

Are you specificly telling maya that you are importing a .ma file?

becuase it wont work if you leave "Best Guess" as the default....

you must select "Maya ascii .ma" from the drop-down list in the import dialog box...

Other than that, I don't know what else to do man:( Sorry...

You can still make your own scene and follow along because all the scene consists of is a rooftop plane, a wall plane, a short "railing" plane, and a pipe.

NitroLiq 14-02-2003 01:17 PM

Ah, my bad. I was indeed using best guess...scene opens fine now. Thanks for the help.

Kevin 14-02-2003 01:22 PM

I will add there images to the files soon ;)

NitroLiq 14-02-2003 01:37 PM

Kev, hold off for a little bit. I'm going through it now and for some reason it's rendering completely black, using any of the light settings. Also, it only has default shaders...none of the textures have been added. I haven't gone through all the files yet so I'm not sure where the scene files are starting from.

Kevin 14-02-2003 02:20 PM

I am currently testing the scene files