Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Mosquito (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4458)

mayaguy_dr 08-03-2003 08:44 PM

Mosquito

1 Attachment(s)
Apart from the monster i'm creating a mosquito too. It's still in the begining stages. i hope to finish it off in a couple of days

mayaguy_dr 08-03-2003 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
an update ..........

M 08-03-2003 08:56 PM

Wow, i am really liking this :D.... cant wait to see it complete. But for now, keep it up, and maybe you would want to bring in the verts just at the joints of his legs.... like, bring them into the mesh, so that it looks like the next part is coming out of the previous part.. if that makes any sence.

Hidalgo 08-03-2003 10:20 PM

This looks really good so far.

Keep it up!

mayaguy_dr 09-03-2003 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another update.....

i think the head should be place some what near to the thorax. ain't it ?

i'm having problem creating eyes. Need help !!!

mayaguy_dr 09-03-2003 08:19 PM

forgot to thank M.

i've corrected the joints

mayaguy_dr 11-03-2003 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
it took me a while to figure out how to model the eyes..... at last had them modelled using birail3+.

does the birail 3+ tool accept only 3 profile curves ?? 'coz when i used 4 profile curves it just skipped the last profile curve and created the surface

antenna, probosis r ready. Thorax need to be done

mayaguy_dr 12-03-2003 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
created mouth parts ,neck and fixed the antennae.

need to work with textures now.

Hidalgo 12-03-2003 09:04 PM

I like where this is going.

I haven't seen a mosquito all winter so....

Is the head really that small or should it be a touch larger? I have no idea so just ignore me if it is right on...

I can't wait to see how this will be textured.

mayaguy_dr 12-03-2003 09:13 PM

the size of head varies from species to species. i think it isn't that small.

thnx for ur comments

danunzio12 18-06-2003 10:05 PM

how did you get the birail 3 tool to work i've been trying for days

ereitz 24-06-2003 02:00 AM

the birail 3+ tool accepts as many curves as you give it - only it is so damn touchy that it will make you go back and check over and over again to see that every curve intersects perfectly. once you have that taken care of it works. my experience is that the work is just building your curves and making sure they intersect - snapping them to edit points works wonders. if you don't have an edit point near the spot where you want to intersect the curves you can always just rebuild with a whole mountain of edit points - doing this gives you a surface with an unuseble ammount of patches BUT if it's a nice shape you can rebuild and end up with exactly the shape you want with a reasonable number of patches.

I have a great deal of experience with mosquitoes - unfortunately - (grew up in Northern Canada) - and this looks like one distended female blood sucker who has half a tank full. before they suck they are skinnier - after they have completed their fill they are fatter and fly slower. that's the time to squash the little f*ckers.

nice progress so far - keep it up :)

BabyDuck 24-06-2003 02:13 AM

there is also a differant approach to have perfectly intersecting curves.

first step is to loft between the 2 rails. then shape the loft to the needs you have (but leave the ends intact - dont touch the rails)- select the isoparms you want as profile, and duplicate - delete the loft (keep the duplicated now profile). now you can birail - change the birail in places you want differant - duplicate more profiles out and dump the old surface and birail again with the new profiles. continue til you are satisfied ...

ereitz 24-06-2003 02:23 AM

that is also a superb way of making your curves there BabyDuck - may in fact be superior ;)

drknow 26-06-2003 06:00 PM

I hate Mosquitos.........I live in arkansas, home of mosquitos. I cant even go outside without getting swarmed. My garage is so full of them that it is filled with a low buzzing soound, which is freaky.